The Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce has an opening for a marketing and communications professional ready to take the next step in their career. The Marketing, Communications & Social Media Coordinator position enables the successful applicant to practice all aspects of internal and external communications for the state’s largest chamber of commerce, representing the interests of 2,400 business members.
JOB TITLE: Marketing, Communications & Social Media Coordinator
DATE POSTED: 7.24.2017
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Communications
JOB SUMMARY: Facilitates production and dissemination of marketing, promotional and advertising materials with Digital Marketing Coordinator and Graphic Designer team members. Schedules and maintains Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce (GPCC) social media presence through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Responsible to assist with collateral production, advertising and promotion for GPCC, Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation (GPCF) and Phoenix Forward, signature events and member programs. Develops and executes public relations, social media and marketing plans for the Chamber’s brand with the Director of Marketing & Communications. Occasionally writes promotional stories. Occasionally posts items to GPCC/GPCF websites.
PRIMARY / ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Works closely with Director of Marketing & Communications to achieve all organizational branding, marketing and promotional initiatives.
- Facilitates production of promotional materials including event collateral, social media posts and e-newsletters.
- Assists with developing and disseminating effective public relations and marketing efforts, including securing earned media for GPCC, GPCF and Phoenix Forward signature events, programs and initiatives.
- Produces and manages content on all social media networks including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Measures and reports impact of social media programs in an effort to maximize results.
- Assists with management of GPCC/GPCF website using the WordPress platform and may work with Data Analyst to ensure membership-related updates are made in the ChamberMaster system.
- May process and manage media buys, including print, radio and online. Coordinate and manage media schedules and placement instructions.
- Must be proficient in using Constant Contact and social media platforms. Must learn or know how to use WordPress website management platform and ChamberMaster member management program.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a focus in marketing, advertising or communications.
- At least two (2) years of full-time experience working as a journalist, PR/marketing or advertising agency creative staff member.
- Knowledge of traditional and electronic marketing disciplines including social media, website and event marketing.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects effectively.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of all aspects necessary to ensure that marketing and communications team functions are performed effectively.
- Seeks out opportunities to expand related knowledge and skills through formal and/or informal education.
- Actively looks for opportunities to improve processes and shares these ideas with the Marketing and Communications Director.
Culture of Collaboration
- Communicates in a strong, positive and effective manner, both verbally and non-verbally.
- Consistently demonstrates honesty, integrity and respect for others.
- Demonstrates the behaviors of an effective leader:
o Shares knowledge, information and ideas and encourages others to do so as well.
o Encourages others’ opinions and perspectives.
o Seeks input from others.
o Compromises to ensure an optimal solution for clients and team.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with Chamber employees and members:
o Offers assistance and support.
o Keeps commitments and follows through on promises.
- Demonstrates a high level of personal accountability:
o Takes a hands-on approach to projects, processes and management.
o Completes assigned work within acceptable quality standards and established timeframes.
o Adheres to established policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and regulations and interprets these for team members.
o Receives and provides constructive feedback and integrates to improve personal and organizational performance.
o Utilizes time effectively, ensuring that all work hours are used for work-related activities.
- Safeguards organizational resources by:
o Utilizes resources such as time, equipment, supplies and people appropriately and effectively.
o Helps others to understand the financial impact of decisions.
o Identifies ways to increase efficiency and lower costs, and facilitating this feedback from team members.
o Recognizes the importance of each employee’s role in the success of the organization and working to support it.
- Makes decisions based on appropriate and available data.
- Understands that information and expertise are keys to the success of the Chamber. Works judiciously to protect confidential information and to share expertise with others.
SEND RESUMES TO:
Director of Marketing & Communications
Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce