The ATHENA Awards, an internationally prized honor, recognizes the achievement of businesswomen across the Greater Phoenix Region. ATHENAs are challenged across industries to continue their dedication to leading, serving and mentoring. The award highlights three women every year who are at the top of their field and who invest in their career, their community and especially other women. ATHENAs demonstrate inspiring leadership within their industry, mentor women throughout their career and dedicate themselves to the community.
Over the past 29 years, 47 accomplished and compassionate Valley businesswomen have earned the title of ATHENA. Dozens more have been named as finalists and hundreds have been nominated by their peers, colleagues and admirers. These women are a tribute to leadership. Their contributions to our business community are immeasurable and help propel Phoenix forward.
The Role of the ATHENA Award Recipients:
In the Valley, the ATHENA Awards program is the foremost agent of change helping individuals and organizations open doors of leadership opportunity to women. As the ATHENA Awards celebrates its 30th Anniversary in Phoenix this year, that philosophy of leadership continues to be a call to action for ATHENAs. Often, ATHENAs continue to donate their time, talent and leadership skills to our community long after receiving their award. Ongoing involvement may include speaking engagements, acting as a spokesperson for the ATHENA program, writing guest editorials, mentoring future leaders and continued participation in the Chamber’s ATHENA program.
Who is an ATHENA?
An ATHENA recipient excels in these three areas:
- Leadership: Demonstrates excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession in the Greater Phoenix area.
- Mentorship: Assists others both professionally and personally in reaching their full leadership potential.
- Community Service: Provides valuable service by devoting consistent and continuous time and energy to improve the quality of life in the Greater Phoenix community.
In our third decade of honoring ATHENAs, we continue to honor three women – one in the public sector, one in the private sector, and one up-and-coming ATHENA young professional.
If you are unable to see the Google form, please fill out the correct form below:
Monday, June 26, 2017 – Nomination forms due by 5 p.m. – No extensions.
Friday, July 14, 2017 – Application packets due by 5 p.m. – No extensions.
Aug. 2017 – ATHENA Nominee Reception (Date to be announced)
Wednesday, Aug. 30, 2017 – ATHENA Selection Committee interview and photos
Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2017 through Thursday, Sept. 14, 2017 –
- Three hour video shoot at your business location; includes interview and b-roll footage. (Private and Public Sector finalists only)
- In-studio video interview (Young Professional finalists only)
Wednesday, Oct. 25, 2017 – ATHENA Awards Luncheon
Requirements for eligibility:
- Must meet the above time commitments
- Finalists must support the ATHENA Awards event as a table host (minimum of one table).
- Individuals currently serving in an elected position are not eligible.
- Must not have been named a finalist in 2016.
Nominations forms are due Monday, June 26, 2017 by 5 p.m.!