The ATHENA Awards
The Greater Phoenix Chamber’s ATHENA Awards program recognizes and celebrates the achievements of businesswomen across the Greater Phoenix region. The ATHENA Award, an internationally prized honor, recognizes women who demonstrate excellence in professional leadership, community service, and mentorship of future leaders. Each year, the Greater Phoenix Chamber’s ATHENA Awards highlight three women at the top of their field, who demonstrate inspiring leadership within their industry, mentor women throughout their career, and dedicate themselves to the community.
The Greater Phoenix Chamber proudly hosts one of the most established and highly-regarded ATHENA Awards programs in the country. Over the past 31 years, 53 accomplished and compassionate Valley businesswomen have earned the title of ATHENA. Thousands more have been nominated by their peers, mentors, and colleagues, and honored as finalists. Their contributions to our business community are immeasurable and help propel Phoenix forward.
Who is an ATHENA?
An ATHENA recipient must meet three specific criteria:
- Leadership: Demonstrates excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession in the Greater Phoenix area.
- Mentorship: Assists others (both professionally and personally) in reaching their full leadership potential.
- Community Service: Provides valuable service by devoting consistent and continuous time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the Greater Phoenix community.
Friday, June 21, 2019 – Nomination forms due by 5 p.m. (No extensions granted.)
Friday, July 12, 2019 – Application packets due by 5 p.m. (No extensions granted.)
Thursday, August 15, 2019 – ATHENA Nominee Reception (Attendance recommended)
Wednesday, August 28, 2019 – ATHENA Selection Committee panel interview, video interview and photos (finalists only)
- Private sector: 8 – 11 a.m.
- Public Sector: 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Young Professional: 2:45 – 5 p.m.
September 24 – 26, 2019 – Video shoots (finalists only)
- Three hour video shoot at your business location; includes interview and b-roll footage. (Private and Public Sector finalists only)
Friday, November 15, 2019 – ATHENA Awards Luncheon
Requirements for eligibility:
- Nominees must be able to meet the above time commitments.
- Finalists must support the ATHENA Awards event as a table host (minimum of one table).
- Individuals currently serving in a paid elected position are not eligible to participate. (e.g. state legislators are not eligible; school board members are eligible for consideration. Please contact ATHENA@phoenixchamber.com with questions on eligibility.)
Nominations forms are due Friday, June 21, 2019 by 5 p.m.! No extensions granted.