The Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce (GPCC), today announced a new board chair, a new chair-elect and 11 new members to its board of directors. Ken McMahon, vice president of enterprise sales mountain west at CenturyLink, will serve as the 2015-2016 Board Chair, succeeding Ed Munson of KPHO-TV CBS5. Daniel Froetscher, senior vice president of transmission, distribution & customers at APS, has been named chair-elect.
The 2015-2016 board will focus on critical issues for the GPCC membership and the Greater Phoenix community, including providing valuable resources for local businesses, strengthening the quality of life in the Valley and keeping members informed, connected and prosperous.
A major focus of the board will continue to be advising the Chamber on Phoenix Forward >>, a strategic approach to regional economic development that was officially launched in April 2015. This economic development initiative focuses on robust business retention and expansion efforts, the creation of quality jobs, regional image building, policy and advocacy, and increased capital investment in the region.
“It’s a privilege to serve as the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce’s 2015-2016 board chair,” said Ken McMahon, vice president of enterprise sales mountain west for CenturyLink. “I look forward to collaborating with the Chamber’s board of directors to address and solve critical issues for members and the business community, as well as initiatives that are crucial to the economic vitality of our local economy.”
The 11 new executives who join the Chamber’s board of directors for 2015-2016 are:
- Mike Bontrager, Executive Vice President Southwest, The Weitz Company
- Pearl Chang Esau, President and CEO, Expect More Arizona
- Mike Hummel, Associate General Manager and Chief Power System Executive, SRP
- Jaime Molera, Partner, Molera Alvarez, LLC
- Brian Schwallie, Arizona Market President, US Bank
- Amy Sena, Administrative Services Director, State Farm Insurance
- Matt Silverman, Vice President and Managing Director, R & R Partners
- Mike Stefanik, President, Edison Power Constructors
- John Wolfe, Senior Vice President and Southeast Region Manager, Cox Communications
- Roberto Yanez, Vice President and General Manager, Univision Arizona
- Joe Carella, Adjunct Lecturer and Managing Director, University of Arizona Eller College of Management
“The Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce is honored to include these dedicated community leaders as members of our board of directors,” said GPCC President & CEO Todd Sanders. Each of them brings tremendous knowledge and experience to the board. I look forward to collaborating with this new group of leaders to foster a pro-business environment, discuss strategies and policies that support local businesses, work on issues critical to the sustainability of our member businesses and to facilitate the growth of our local economy.”
Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce
Representing 2,400 businesses across Metropolitan Phoenix, the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce is Arizona’s oldest and largest Chamber. The Chamber supports the growth and development of business by offering networking and marketing opportunities, money-saving programs and a voice in government, keeping its members informed, connected and prosperous. The Chamber also enhances members’ success by promoting economic development, entrepreneurship and a connection to the community.
Jill A. Brownley
O: 602.495.6472 | C: 602.509.4311