The Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce (GPCC) announces new leaders and 17 new members to its board of directors. Daniel Froetscher, senior vice president of transmission, distribution & customers at APS, will serve as the 2016-2017 board chair, succeeding Ken McMahon of CenturyLink. Mike McCann, senior vice president and division manager at JP Morgan Chase, has been named chair-elect.
The 2016-2017 board will focus on growing the economy, supporting business growth in the region and advocating for pro-business policies. In addition, a major focus of the board will continue to be advising the Greater Phoenix Chamber on Phoenix Forward—a collaborative and strategic approach to regional economic development—that focuses on business retention and expansion, workforce development, regional image building, policy and advocacy and increased capital investment in the region.
“It’s an honor and a privilege to serve as the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce’s 2016-2017 board chair,” said Daniel Froetscher, senior vice president of transmission, distribution & customers at APS. “I am pleased to be working with the board’s new chair-elect Mike McCann and I look forward to collaborating with the Chamber’s board of directors to address and solve critical issues for members and the business community, identify critical needs and opportunities in the Greater Phoenix region, as well as develop and execute key initiatives imperative to the continued growth of our local economy.”
The 17 new executives who join the Chamber’s board of directors for 2016-2017 are:
- Joseph Benesh, Director, Phoenix Center for the Arts
- Shawn Bradford, Vice President, EPCOR Water
- David Bruno, Managing Director, ZRG Partners, LLC
- Matthew Clyde, President, Ideas Collide Marketing Communications
- Kevin Cummings, Executive Vice President, Lockton Companies
- Tommy Espinoza, President & CEO, Raza Development Fund
- Mary Gifford, SVP of Academic Policy & External Relations, K12 Inc.
- Phillip Gutilla, Shareholder, Polsinelli
- Maria Harper-Marinick, Chancellor, Maricopa County Community College District
- Robert Kessler, Senior Vice President/Head of Legal Affairs, Aetna Inc.
- Alan Maguire, President, The Maguire Company
- Adam McAnally, Regulatory Analyst, SRP
- Jeff McDermott, President, American Technology Specialists
- Erin Mettille, Business Development Executive, Slalom Consulting
- Frank Reid, Executive Vice President, Kolbe Corporation
- Julie Shaw, Vice President, Republic Media
- Cale Whittington, Assurance Partner, Ernst & Young
Two other new additions:
- Thomas Katheder, vice president and associate general counsel for PetSmart, has been appointed to the Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation board.
- Kevin Quigley, partner at the national law firm of Quarles & Brady, has been appointed as the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce’s new general counsel.
“The Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce is honored to include these dedicated business and community leaders as members of our board of directors,” said GPCC President & CEO Todd Sanders. “Each brings tremendous knowledge, experience and insight to the board. I look forward to collaborating with this new group of leaders to foster a pro-business environment, strengthen the quality of life in our community, promote regional prosperity and serve as a catalyst for economic growth.”
“I’m passionate about Phoenix and making the community a better place,” said Ideas Collide President Matthew Clyde. “I’m honored and excited to be a part of the Greater Phoenix Chamber’s board of directors and I look forward to making a contribution in a significant way.”
“It’s really an honor to be part of such a prestigious group of business and community leaders,” said K12 Inc. Senior Vice President Mary Gifford. “I hope to contribute to education policy issues and contribute in a meaningful way.”
“I couldn’t be more thrilled to join the GPCC board and help with their mission to support business growth and economic development,” Slalom Consulting Business Development Executive Erin Mettille. “I am honored to be surrounded by Phoenix’s smartest and most committed people who are making a difference here in the Valley. The diversity of this group offers varying perspectives and I hope to be a voice of the younger professionals and what resonates with the evolving business community.”
“I am honored to be invited to serve on the board,” said Phil Guttilla, shareholder and vice chair of the corporate and transactional practice group of national law firm Polsinelli. “I look forward to working with Chamber leadership and the other members of the board to help further the Chamber’s mission of fostering economic growth, supporting businesses and improving the business climate in the Valley.”
“It’s important for business leaders to take an active role in strengthening the Valley,” said Kolbe Corporation Executive Vice President Frank Reid. “With my passion for civic engagement, I look forward to working with the Chamber’s board members, local businesses and community leaders to make a difference and increase engagement in the larger social fabric of our community.”
About the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce
Representing 2,400 businesses across Metropolitan Phoenix, the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce is Arizona’s largest Chamber. The Chamber supports the growth and development of business by offering networking and marketing opportunities, money-saving programs and a voice in government, keeping its members informed, connected and prosperous. The Chamber also enhances members’ success by promoting economic development, entrepreneurship and a connection to the community.