Posted October 7, 2016 by AZ Business Leaders
The Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce (GPCC) added new leaders and 17 new members to its board of directors. Daniel Froetscher, senior vice president of transmission, distribution & customers at APS, will serve as the 2016-2017 board chair, succeeding Ken McMahon of CenturyLink. Mike McCann, senior vice president and division manager at JP Morgan Chase, has been named chair-elect.
The 2016-2017 board will focus on growing the economy, supporting business growth in the region and advocating for pro-business policies. In addition, a major focus of the board will continue to be advising the Greater Phoenix Chamber on Phoenix Forward—a collaborative and strategic approach to regional economic development—that focuses on business retention and expansion, workforce development, regional image building, policy and advocacy and increased capital investment in the region.
The 17 new executives who join the Chamber’s board of directors for 2016-2017 are:
- Joseph Benesh, director, Phoenix Center for the Arts
- Shawn Bradford, vice president, EPCOR Water
- David Bruno, managing director, ZRG Partners, LLC
- Matthew Clyde, president, Ideas Collide Marketing Communications
- Kevin Cummings, executive vice president, Lockton Companies
- Tommy Espinoza, president and CEO, Raza Development Fund
- Mary Gifford, SVP of Academic Policy and External Relations, K12 Inc.
- Phillip Gutilla, shareholder, Polsinelli
- Maria Harper-Marinick, chancellor, Maricopa County Community College District
- Robert Kessler, senior vice president/head of Legal Affairs, Aetna Inc.
- Alan Maguire, president, The Maguire Company
- Adam McAnally, regulatory analyst, SRP
- Jeff McDermott, president, American Technology Specialists
- Erin Mettille, business development executive, Slalom Consulting
- Frank Reid, executive vice president, Kolbe Corporation
- Julie Shaw, vice president, Republic Media
- Cale Whittington, assurance partner, Ernst & Young
Two other new additions:
- Thomas Katheder, vice president and associate general counsel for PetSmart, has been appointed to the Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation board.
- Kevin Quigley, partner at the national law firm of Quarles & Brady, has been appointed as the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce’s new general counsel.
“The Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce is honored to include these dedicated business and community leaders as members of our board of directors,” said GPCC President and CEO Todd Sanders. “Each brings tremendous knowledge, experience and insight to the board. I look forward to collaborating with this new group of leaders to foster a pro-business environment, strengthen the quality of life in our community, promote regional prosperity and serve as a catalyst for economic growth.”
“I’m passionate about Phoenix and making the community a better place,” said Ideas Collide President Matthew Clyde. “I’m honored and excited to be a part of the Greater Phoenix Chamber’s board of directors and I look forward to making a contribution in a significant way.”
“It’s important for business leaders to take an active role in strengthening the Valley,” said Kolbe Corporation Executive Vice President Frank Reid. “With my passion for civic engagement, I look forward to working with the Chamber’s board members, local businesses and community leaders to make a difference and increase engagement in the larger social fabric of our community.”
To read the article in its entirety, visit here.