JOB TITLE: Graphic Designer
DATE REVISED: 12.7.2017
REPORTS TO: Director of Community Relations
JOB SUMMARY: Implements and manages the graphic design creative process. Conceptualizes designs and manages projects from initial design ideas through production, while following brand guidelines. Coordinates and drives consistent design throughout all GPCC, GPCF and Phoenix Forward marketing and promotional materials. Maintains branding standards with the preparation of a variety of graphic design and layout work.
PRIMARY / ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Develop graphic design projects, including but not limited to organizational branding, event marketing, advertisements, invitations, sales materials, social media marketing, brochures, infographics and other electronic and printed materials.
- Utilize various production techniques and tools, including computer graphics systems and software.
- Brainstorm and mock up ideas for presentations to internal and external clients.
- Define and solve communication challenges from concept to design and through execution of a wide range of visual materials.
- Demonstrate knowledge of typography, print processes and guidelines and mailing procedures.
- Remain current with social media tools and trends.
- Photograph Chamber events and member programs.
- Manage a high-volume workload with competing deadlines.
- Coordinate printing and production for collateral, along with other vendor services needed by the Chamber.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- Minimum of one year of experience in document & web graphic design or related intern/education experience
- Proficient in design software (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Willing and able to adjust to multiple demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Portfolio illustrating expertise in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Photography skills are a plus.
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of all aspects necessary to ensure that marketing and communications team functions are performed effectively.
- Seeks out opportunities to expand related knowledge and skills through formal and/or informal education.
- Actively looks for opportunities to improve processes and shares these ideas with the Marketing and Communications Director.
Culture of Collaboration
- Communicates in a strong, positive and effective manner, both verbally and non-verbally.
- Consistently demonstrates honesty, integrity and respect for others.
- Demonstrates the behaviors of an effective leader:
- Shares knowledge, information and ideas and encourages others to do so as well.
- Encourages others’ opinions and perspectives.
- Seeks input from others.
- Compromises to ensure an optimal solution for clients and team.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with Chamber employees and members:
- Offers assistance and support.
- Keeps commitments and follows through on promises.
- Demonstrates a high level of personal accountability:
- Takes a hands-on approach to projects, processes and management.
- Completes assigned work within acceptable quality standards and established timeframes.
- Adheres to established policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and regulations and interprets these for team members.
- Receives and provides constructive feedback and integrates to improve personal and organizational performance.
- Utilizes time effectively, ensuring that all work hours are used for work-related activities.
- Safeguards organizational resources by:
- Utilizes resources such as time, equipment, supplies and people appropriately and effectively.
- Helps others to understand the financial impact of decisions.
- Identifies ways to increase efficiency and lower costs, and facilitating this feedback from team members.
- Recognizes the importance of each employee’s role in the success of the organization and working to support it.
- Makes decisions based on appropriate and available data.
- Understands that information and expertise are keys to the success of the Chamber. Works judiciously to protect confidential information and to share expertise with others.
- Knowledge of traditional marketing disciplines as well as new trends in marketing, especially social media, digital and event marketing.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects effectively.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
The Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce offers a lively environment with great coworkers and high exposure to the business community along with competitive benefits and salary. If this sounds like the perfect position for you, please send your resume, cover letter, work samples/portfolio and salary requirements to email@example.com.