Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation
The Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation (the Foundation) leads the charitable and education objectives of the Greater Phoenix Chamber and promotes economic prosperity and quality of life for the Greater Phoenix region. The Foundation’s charitable activities focus on community and workforce development, and improving health and prosperity for the region.
Greater Phoenix Chamber
The Greater Phoenix Chamber (GPC) is the leading business organization for the greater Phoenix region. Our mission is to promote regional prosperity, serving as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities. We accomplish this through our ability to convene and connect business leaders, elected officials and community leaders; cultivate thought leadership; advocate for pro-business policies; and communicate and promote the region’s strengths. Workforce is one of three key pillars for the Chamber; the Foundation supports this work through employer-led workforce collaboratives, helping to develop a pipeline of talent for the greater Phoenix region.
Who are we looking for today?
We are interested in hiring people who have a passion for Phoenix and a desire to make the Greater Phoenix region a great place to live, work and play. GPCF is looking for a Financial Services Outreach Specialist to build interest in financial services positions and recruit individuals into a new training program to prepare candidates to sit for the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam. The ideal candidate will understand the financial services industry and the differences between FINRA licenses. The Outreach Specialist is responsible for driving interest in the program, enrolling candidates and guiding them along through the entire enrollment process. The Outreach Specialist provides guidance, mentorship and encouragement to participants to pursue their goal of securing a career in the financial services sector.
The Workforce Development Manager will also work to create community partnerships to encourage awareness of and enrollment in the training cohorts. This position will manage relationships with business leaders, community leaders, and Chamber staff and must have strong verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for working to improve lives, expand economic prosperity, and foster collective action and impact with industry-sector leadership and community and education partners while building a strong talent pipeline. The GPCF is looking for a dynamic “people” person, who is interested in promoting career opportunities in the financial services sector.
The Workforce Development Manager is responsible for advancing the priorities of the Financial Services Workforce Collaborative, most notably, implementation and scaling of the SIE training program. This individual will be responsible for meeting the metrics outlined for the training program and in collaboration with the Vice President of Economic Development, will work with the participating collaborative employers to determine alternative ways to create a stronger talent pipeline for the financial services industry.
Partner with community organizations to promote the SIE training program to targeted candidates.
- Communicate effectively with prospective participants to build interest in the program.
- Partner with Arizona@Work to ensure compliance with WIOA funding.
- Work with education providers to implement and scale the SIE training program.
- Administer assessments and hold interviews for the candidate qualification process.
- Enroll candidates in the program, working in collaboration with necessary partners.
- Maintain weekly communication with candidates to ensure they are progressing through the training program.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and positive working attitude, have a passion for inspiring others to achieve career goals and dreams.
- Responsible for tracking departmental key performance indicators and preparing reports for the Financial Services Workforce Collaborative and the Foundation Board.
- Support employers participating in the Financial Services workforce collaborative, including meeting preparation and communications.
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with a broad set of stakeholders, including business leaders, government and public officials, and nonprofit and community leaders.
- Serve as a spokesperson for workforce development, presenting at various stakeholder meetings and events.
The GPCF is looking for candidates with the following knowledge, skills and abilities desirable for job success:
- Must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to establish professional relationships
- Must possess analytical ability to solve problems, anticipate challenges and identify opportunities and solutions
- Must be able to provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers at all levels of an organization
- Must have the ability to actively recruit industry talent, connecting to a wide range of candidates
- Detail oriented with ability to stay organized while handling multiple tasks. Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Highly motivated to learn, grow professionally and work in a team environment
- Proficient in all MS Office products
- Must maintain a neat and professional appearance
- Minimum of 2 years, work experience in business (HR and recruiting), education (career advising) or workforce development
- Must have ability to speak in a culturally competent manner to diverse groups or individuals; Spanish speaking preferred
- Understanding of the financial services industry preferred
Successful candidates will also be expected to bring the following personal attributes to the position:
- Self-starter with the ability to sustain and move work forward with minimal direction and achieve goals under tight deadlines that satisfy multiple priorities
- Innovative by continuously looking for ways to improve processes, always for the best use of resources
- Takes a diplomatic approach to work and communications and an ability to easily establish credibility among a wide variety of stakeholders (i.e., business, nonprofit, academic, and policy/public sectors)
- Possess the ability to exercise mature judgment, tact, and professionalism
- Collaborates and builds bridges internally/externally; works with others to achieve common goals and furthermore possesses the ability to work with all levels of management and leadership both internally and externally
- Executes with excellence by consistently delivering on promises to the highest standards; appreciates and demands quality
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position in the subject line of your submission.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. GPC is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, color, age, national origin, disability or any other legally protected classes.