Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation
The Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation (Foundation) leads the charitable and education objectives of the Greater Phoenix Chamber and promotes economic prosperity and quality of life for the Greater Phoenix region. The Foundation’s charitable activities focus on community and workforce development, and improving health and prosperity for the region.
Greater Phoenix Chamber
The Greater Phoenix Chamber (Chamber) is the leading business organization for the greater Phoenix region. Our mission is to promote regional prosperity, serving as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities. We accomplish this through our ability to convene and connect business leaders, elected officials and community leaders; cultivate thought leadership; advocate for pro-business policies; and communicate and promote the region’s strengths. Workforce is one of three key pillars for the Chamber; the Foundation supports this work through employer-led workforce collaboratives, helping to develop a pipeline of talent for the greater Phoenix region.
Who are we looking for today?
We are interested in hiring people who have a passion for Phoenix and a desire to make the Greater Phoenix region a great place to live, work and play. The Foundation is looking for a Project Manager to manage the Build Your Future Arizona (BYFAZ) career awareness campaign. The ideal candidate will have a passion for and a strong understanding of the construction trades, including the different positions and related certification requirements. This position is responsible for driving interest in the trades through a marketing campaign, education outreach strategy and engagement in community events. The Project Manager provides guidance and encouragement to interested parties to pursue their goal of securing a career in the construction trades.
This position will also work to create community partnerships to promote the trades as meaningful, high-value careers. This position will manage relationships with business leaders, community leaders, and Chamber staff and must have strong verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for working to improve lives, expand economic prosperity, and foster collective action and impact with industry-sector leadership and community and education partners while building a stronger talent pipeline.
The Project Manager is responsible for advancing the priorities of the Construction Trades Workforce Collaborative, most notably, launching the BYFAZ campaign. This individual will be responsible for meeting the outlined metrics and will work with the participating collaborative employers to determine alternative ways to create a stronger talent pipeline for the construction industry.
- Work with Build Your Future, contract marketing agency and the Chamber marketing team to launch a Build Your Future Arizona (BYFAZ) career awareness campaign.
- Support the BYFAZ Steering Committee including agenda development, meeting preparation, and regular communications.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring key performance indicators to maximize impact of the BYFAZ campaign.
- Assist in the advancement of collaborative priorities, serving as an intermediary between employers, education and training providers, and workforce development agencies.
- Serve as a spokesperson for BYFAZ, presenting at various stakeholder meetings and events.
- Manage all social media for the BYFAZ campaign.
- Represent the Chamber and the Foundation at construction related workforce development conferences both locally and out of state.
- Assist with fundraising for construction trades workforce development, including grant writing and corporate requests.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and positive working attitude, have a passion for inspiring others to achieve career goals and dreams.
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with a broad set of stakeholders, including business leaders, government and public officials, and nonprofit and community leaders.
- The Foundation is looking for candidates with the following knowledge, skills, and abilities desirable for job success: Must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to establish professional relationships.
- Must possess analytical ability to solve problems, anticipate challenges, and identify opportunities and solutions.
- Must be able to provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers at all levels of an organization.
- Detail oriented with ability to stay organized while handling multiple tasks. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly motivated to learn, grow professionally and work in a team environment.
- Proficient in all MS Office products.
- Must maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Minimum of 2 years, work experience in business (HR and recruiting), education (career advising), or workforce development.
- Minimum of 1 year, marketing and communications experience.
- Fluent in Spanish, preferred.
Successful candidates will also be expected to bring the following personal attributes to the position:
Self-starter with the ability to sustain and move work forward with minimal direction and achieve goals under tight deadlines that satisfy multiple priorities
Innovative by continuously looking for ways to improve processes, always for the best use of resources
Takes a diplomatic approach to work and communications and has the ability to easily establish credibility among a wide variety of stakeholders (i.e. business, nonprofit, academic, and policy/public sectors)
Possess the ability to exercise mature judgment, tact, and professionalism
Collaborates and builds bridges internally/externally; works with others to achieve common goals and furthermore possesses the ability to work with all levels of management and leadership both internally and externally
Executes with excellence by consistently delivering on promises to the highest standards; appreciates and demands quality
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position in the subject line of your submission.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. CHAMBER is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, color, age, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected classes.