Job Type: Full-time, Salary plus commission
Representing 2,400 businesses across the Greater Phoenix region, the Greater Phoenix Chamber promotes regional prosperity by serving as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities. The Chamber pursues this mission by collaborating with business, political and community leaders to grow the regional talent pool, create a regional approach to economic development and drive a pro-Arizona agenda.
The Chamber is seeking an ambitious, results-driven sales professional to promote the positive aspects of the Greater Phoenix Chamber and secure new membership, sponsorship and supplementary resources/services. The successful candidate must be a willing and highly motivated prospector who possess excellent sales and communication skills. Key factors for success in this high-visibility role include competitive spirit, coachability, ability to build relationships, and the self-motivation and drive to manage time effectively and achieve established goals.
- Utilize Chamber’s standardized sales processes and recruiting techniques to prospect, follow-up, sell memberships, and achieve sales quota.
- Research business prospects for new membership investment through initial telephone contact, email communication, and personal contact.
- Establish positive relationships with business leaders, gauge their needs, and make connections to Chamber programs and resources that correlate to their business objectives.
- Serve as the broker between member prospects and GPC leadership, staff, and volunteers to achieve desired business outcomes and drive sales goals.
- Responsible for achieving all monthly sales activity minimums including an average of 40 telephone call attempts per day.
- Reliably carry–out all four components of the GPC personal performance management process.
- Consistently update the Chamber’s contact management system to include any contact made with prospective members.
- Actively upsell membership and other services to drive new revenue and deepen member engagement.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Three years’ experience in a business development, sales, fundraising, or industry environment are a must.
- Existing connections to the regional business community is a plus.
- Self-starter with demonstrated skills in taking initiative, problem-solving, negotiating, and driving results.
- Aptitude for building relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and the ability to develop and sustain business relationships.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, CRM databases and software.
- Highly detail-oriented with superior organizational skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation to attend off-site meetings and events.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation plan is competitive with the local market and the applicant’s experience.
- This is a full‐time (40 hours per week), non-exempt level position.
- Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Greater Phoenix Chamber provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires:
- Work that may be performed in an intense, fast-paced office environment, depending upon assignment.
- Requires ability to understand verbal communication and to respond effectively.
- Positions in this class typically require reaching, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, standing for long periods of time, and repetitive motions in computer use.
- Requires learning and adapting new software.
The Greater Phoenix Chamber is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state or federal law.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and references, combined into one PDF document, no later than February 10, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Business Development Executive” in the subject line of the email.