Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation
The Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation (Foundation) leads the charitable and education objectives of the Greater Phoenix Chamber and promotes economic prosperity and quality of life for the Greater Phoenix region. The Foundation’s charitable activities focus on community and workforce development and improving health and prosperity for the region.
Greater Phoenix Chamber
The Greater Phoenix Chamber (Chamber) is the leading business organization for the greater Phoenix region. Our mission is to promote regional prosperity, serving as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities. We accomplish this through our ability to convene and connect business leaders, elected officials and community leaders; cultivate thought leadership; advocate for pro-business policies; and communicate and promote the region’s strengths.
Who are we looking for today?
We are interested in hiring people who have a passion for Phoenix and a desire to make the Greater Phoenix region a great place to live, work and play. Ideal candidates will bring a passion for working to improve lives, expand economic prosperity, and foster collective action and impact with industry-sector leadership and community and education partners, while building a strong talent pipeline.
The Foundation is looking for a Workforce Development Manager to lead our hospital workforce collaborative and to launch a new workforce collaborative in advanced manufacturing. The ideal candidate can manage relationships with business, education, and community leaders and is able to manage multiple projects with ease. The candidate will communicate in a strong, positive and effective manner, both verbally and non-verbally and be a self-starter with the ability to sustain and move work forward with minimal direction. All Chamber employees are expected to work collaboratively with other departments and be team players to help accomplish our organizational mission.
- Responsible for managing the hospital workforce collaborative, serving as an intermediary between employers, education and training providers, and workforce development agencies.
- Enhance existing Hospital Workforce Collaborative efforts, including facilaiting the specialty nurse program rollout with Maricopa Community Colleges, creating engaging and relevant meeting agendas, and identifying talent development opportunities for specialty tech roles.
- Responsible for launching an advanced manufacturing workforce collaborative, including conducting advance research on workforce trends, recruiting and onboarding new employers, determining collaborative champions and identifying potential partners.
- Responsible for preparation, set-up and execution of all hospital and advanced manufacturing workforce collaborative meetings.
- Engage with education and workforce development partners to better align curriculum and competencies to employer demands.
- Support Education Partnership Manager and College and Career Coaches with articulation of career pathways and promotion of work-based learning with employers.
- Support Center for the Future of Arizona’s RetailWorks efforts.
- Assist the Workforce Development team by attending career fairs and supporting other workforce collaborative meetings as needed.
- In collaboration with CIO and Workforce Development Managers, support U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation workforce development activities, including implementation of the Talent Pipeline Management framework within the workforce collaboratives.
- Serve as a spokesperson for workforce development, presenting at various stakeholder meetings and events.
- This position may involve interaction with minors and diverse individuals. Strict adherence to Chamber policies is required.
The Foundation is looking for candidates with the following knowledge, skills and abilities desirable for job success:
- Minimum of two-years work experience in business (HR and recruiting), education (career advising) or workforce development
- Understanding of different positions and related competencies in advanced manufacturing and/or health care are a plus but not required. Experience working in advanced manufacturing or health care sector is highly preferred
- Must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to establish professional relationships
- Must possess analytical ability to solve problems, anticipate challenges and identify opportunities and solutions
- Must be able to provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers at all levels of an organization
- Detail-oriented with ability to stay organized while handling multiple tasks. Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Highly motivated to learn, grow professionally and work in a team environment
- Proficient in all MS Office products
- Must maintain a neat and professional appearance
- Must be able to travel to meetings regularly; reliable transportation is necessary
- Must be able to pass a background check, fingerprint clearance and a drug test
Successful candidates will also be expected to bring the following personal attributes to the position:
- Innovative by continuously looking for ways to improve processes, always for the best use of resources
- Takes a diplomatic approach to work and communications and an ability to easily establish credibility among a wide variety of stakeholders (i.e., business, nonprofit, academic, and policy/public sectors)
- Possess the ability to exercise mature judgment, tact, and professionalism
- Collaborates and builds bridges internally/externally; works with others to achieve common goals and furthermore possesses the ability to work with all levels of management and leadership both internally and externally
- Executes with excellence by consistently delivering on promises to the highest standards; appreciates and demands quality
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include the position in the subject line of your submission.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. GPC is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, color, age, national origin, disability or any other legally protected classes.