Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation
The Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation (Foundation) leads the charitable and education objectives of the Greater Phoenix Chamber and promotes economic prosperity and quality of life for the Greater Phoenix region. The Foundation’s charitable activities focus on community and workforce development and improving health and prosperity for the region.
Greater Phoenix Chamber
The Greater Phoenix Chamber (Chamber) is the leading business organization for the greater Phoenix region. Our mission is to promote regional prosperity, serving as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities. We accomplish this through our ability to convene and connect business leaders, elected officials and community leaders; cultivate thought leadership; advocate for pro-business policies; and communicate and promote the region’s strengths. Workforce is one of three key pillars for the Chamber; the Foundation supports this work through employer-led workforce collaboratives, helping to develop a pipeline of talent for the greater Phoenix region.
Who are we looking for today?
We are interested in hiring people who have a passion for Phoenix and a desire to make the Greater Phoenix region a great place to live, work, and play. The Foundation is looking for a Bilingual Content Specialist to assist with the Build Your Future Arizona (BYFAZ) career awareness campaign and the ElevateEdAZ education initiative. This position is responsible for creating content to drive interest in construction careers, generating content highlighting the benefits of work-based learning in high-school, and sharing personal success stories of both.
This position supports BYFAZ and ElevateEdAZ by drafting, posting, and managing social media and newsletter content, ensuring website content is updated and maintaining distribution lists for both projects. In addition, this position will support the Foundation’s other workforce efforts as needed. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for working to improve lives, expand economic prosperity, and foster collective action and impact with industry-sector leadership and community and education partners while building a stronger talent pipeline.
Marketing and Communications
- Maintain weekly updates to the BYFAZ and ElevateEdAZ websites.
- Generate content for blog, newsletter, video, and other campaign content to capture engaging and inspiring success stories.
- Manage social media for the BYFAZ campaign and ElevateEdAZ initiative, marketing on multiple platforms to multiple audiences, and monitoring engagement.
- Maintain the BYFAZ Jobs Board and the ElevateEdAZ work-based learning opportunity pages, ensuring that all job, internship, and externship opportunities are timely and relevant.
- Maintain various distribution lists, including investors and funders, partners, education providers, and job seekers.
Admin and Support
- Provide support to BYFAZ job seekers who are interested in construction careers, helping them navigate training and employment opportunities.
- Provide content support to employers and training providers for the BFYAZ Careers page and Job Board.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and a positive working attitude, have a passion for inspiring others to achieve career goals and dreams.
- Assist the Workforce Development team and support other workforce collaborative meetings as needed.
- This position may involve interaction with minors and diverse individuals. Strict adherence to Chamber policies is required.
The Foundation is looking for candidates with the following knowledge, skills, and abilities desirable for job success:
- Must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to establish professional relationships
- Must show creativity with the ability to engage high-schoolers and job seekers with relevant and action-inspiring content
- Ability to work with program recipients and a variety of stakeholders to generate and articulate success stories
- Must possess analytical ability to solve problems, anticipate challenges, and identify opportunities and solutions
- Must be able to provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers at all levels of an organization
- Detail-oriented with the ability to stay organized while handling multiple tasks. Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Highly motivated to learn, grow professionally and work in a team environment
- Proficient in all MS Office products
- Must maintain a neat and professional appearance
- Minimum one-year experience working with youth, young-adults, and/or diverse populations
- Minimum one-year experience in social media or marketing
- Fluent in Spanish, required
Successful candidates will also be expected to bring the following personal attributes to the position:
- Self-starter with the ability to sustain and move work forward with minimal direction and achieve goals under tight deadlines that satisfy multiple priorities
- Innovative by continuously looking for ways to improve processes, always for the best use of resources
- Takes a diplomatic approach to work and communications and has the ability to easily establish credibility among a wide variety of stakeholders (i.e. business, nonprofit, academic, youth and young adults, and policy/public sectors)
- Possess the ability to exercise mature judgment, tact, and professionalism
- Collaborates and builds bridges internally/externally; works with others to achieve common goals and possesses the ability to work with all levels of management and leadership both internally and externally
- Executes with excellence by consistently delivering on promises to the highest standards; appreciates and demands quality
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include the position in the subject line of your submission.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. CHAMBER is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, color, age, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected classes.