Job Title: Business Development Executive
Reports to: Business Development Director
Department: Business Development and Membership
FLSA Status: Salary Exempt
The Business Development Executive is primarily responsible for promoting positive aspects of the Greater Phoenix Chamber and securing new membership, sponsorship and supplementary resources and services. This role plays a key role in assisting the Chamber to pursue is mission of collaborating with business, political and community leaders to grow the regional talent pool and creating a regional approach to economic development and drive a pro-Arizona agenda.
Position Primary Responsibilities and Objectives
- Utilizes Chamber’s standardized sales processes and recruiting techniques to prospect, follow-up, sell membership investments, and achieve sales quotas.
- Researches business prospects for new membership investment through initial telephone contact, email communication, and personal contact.
- Establishes positive relationships with business leaders, gauge their needs, and make connections to Chamber programs and resources that correlate to their business objectives.
- Serves as the broker between member prospects and GPC leadership, staff, and volunteers to achieve desired business outcomes and drive sales goals.
- Responsible for achieving all monthly sales activity minimums including an average of 40 telephone call attempts per day.
- Updates the Chamber’s contact management system to include any contact made with prospective members.
- Actively upsells membership and other services to drive new revenue and deepen member engagement.
- Serves as a liaison to exiting GPC members, attends and manages designated GPC lead groups, if needed
- Attends and assists with management of GPC networking programs
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Minimum Work, Experience and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a business development, sales, fundraising, or industry environment.
- Existing connections to the regional business community is a plus
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint.), CRM related databases and software
- Exceptional sales and communications skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to develop and sustain business relationships.
- Has a firm grasp of core sales competencies including developing prospect lists, managing data and following through to close a sale.
- Must be a self-starter with demonstrated skills in taking initiative, problem solving, negotiating and driving results.
- Must have an aptitude for building relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks effectively.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and comfortable working in a highly visible role with the ability and drive to manage time effectively and achieve established goals.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screenings which may include any of the following: reference checks, criminal background check, fingerprint clearance, MVR and a drug test.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and able to travel to attend off-site meetings and events as needed; reliable personal transportation is required
- Must maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, as needed.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Greater Phoenix Chamber provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires:
- Work that may be performed in an intense, fast-paced office environment, depending upon assignment.
- Requires ability to understand verbal communication and to respond effectively.
- Positions in this class typically require reaching, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, standing for long periods of time, and repetitive motions in computer use.
- Requires learning and adapting new software.
Perks and Benefits
- **This position allows the ability to work remotely – temporarily due to COVID-19**
- Comprehensive Benefits Offered (Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life/Ad&D, Voluntary Life/Ad&D, 401k)
- Paid Time Off (PTO and Paid Sick Time), and eleven paid holidays
- On-site parking paid for by Chamber (when working in physical office)
- Telecommute opportunities (when working in physical office)
- Employee wellness program through Wellness AtoZ
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and references, combined into one PDF document, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Business Development Executive” in the subject line of the email.