The Communications Manager oversees and executes the Chamber’s communication strategy across all web platforms, printed collateral items, and social media channels, in collaboration with the VP of Program Development & Marketing. In this capacity, the manager develops and edits content to promote the activities and mission of the Greater Phoenix Chamber and associated entities and communication campaigns.
Position Primary Responsibilities and Objectives
- Develops content for the Chamber’s website and communications platforms. Content includes but is not limited to blogs, articles, op-eds, newsletters, collateral items, talking points, non-event press releases, and other items as needed.
- Oversees the Chamber communications strategy, including but not limited to the creations of e-newsletters, press releases, blogs, op-eds, and Chamber produced videos.
- Creates media/social media kits for key partners and Chamber stakeholders.
- Develops event-related content for event media kits.
- Serves as primary content editor for all Chamber written communications.
- Assists marketing team with ensuring the Chamber’s website and collateral items are up to date and accurate.
- Oversees the management of the Chamber’s official social media accounts including: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Develops comprehensive social media strategy, utilizing Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Oversees the Multimedia Marketing Coordinator and Marketing & Communications Coordinator and ensure that digital marketing efforts including electronic communications, website items, and Chamber related videos are developed an updated in an effective and efficient manner.
- Collaborates with Chamber teams ensure marketing, promotional, and collateral requests are processed and executed for internal and external customers.
- Collaborates with the marketing team to ensure internal and external social media and website request are processed, scheduled, and delivered in an effective and timely manner.
- Responsible for tracking relevant communication metrics.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to help accomplish our organizational mission.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
Minimum Work and Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field required
- Minimum of three (3) years work experience in a communications role
- Experience in a supervisory role with strong leadership skills
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to establish professional relationships by communicating in a strong and positive effective manner.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to sustain and work independently and move work forward with minimal direction or supervision.
- Must possess analytical ability to solve problems, anticipate challenges and identify opportunities and solutions.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to stay organized while handling multiple tasks and projects with ease.
- Highly motivated to learn, grow professionally and work in a team
- Proficient in all MS Office
- Must maintain a neat and professional
- Must be able to travel to meetings regularly; reliable transportation is necessary
- Must be able to pass a background check, fingerprint clearance and a drug
Performance Standards and Expectations:
- Adherence to all Chamber policies and those specific to interactions with minors and diverse individuals as required by this position.
- Innovative by continuously looking for ways to improve processes, always for the best use of
- Takes a diplomatic approach to work and communications and an ability to easily establish credibility among a wide variety of stakeholders (i.e., business, nonprofit, academic, and policy/public sectors).
- Possess the ability to exercise mature judgment, tact, and
- Collaborates and builds bridges internally/externally; works with others to achieve common goals and furthermore possesses the ability to work with all levels of management and leadership both internally and
- Executes with excellence by consistently delivering on promises to the highest standards; appreciates and demands
Please send resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and two writing samples to HR@phoenixchamber.com. Please include “Communications Manager” in the subject line.