Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation
The Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation (the Foundation) convenes and catalyzes business, education, and community to enhance college and career readiness, develop a stronger workforce, and build healthier communities throughout Arizona. The Foundation, a 501c3 nonprofit organization, leads the charitable and education initiatives of the Greater Phoenix Chamber under the four pillars of education, workforce development, wellness, and research. Through stronger alignment between education, business, and community, the Foundation prepares individuals for college and career and serves as an intermediary to convey workforce needs and champion scalable workforce solutions. In addition, the Foundation makes Arizona and the Greater Phoenix region known as destinations for healthy talent and healthy communities through workplace wellness efforts and publishes data-driven research to inform policymakers, business leaders, and the general public.
Greater Phoenix Chamber
The Greater Phoenix Chamber (Chamber) is the leading business organization for the Greater Phoenix region. Our mission is to promote regional prosperity, serving as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities. We accomplish this through our ability to convene and connect business leaders, elected officials, and community leaders; cultivate thought leadership; advocate for pro-business policies; and communicate and promote the region’s strengths.
Who are we looking for today?
We are interested in hiring people who have a passion for Phoenix and a desire to make the Greater Phoenix region a great place to live, work and play. The Foundation is looking for a Communications and Development Manager to manage marketing, communications and fundraising efforts. The ideal candidate will be well organized with the ability to ensure continuous progress of various projects.
The candidate will communicate in a strong, positive, and effective manner, both verbally and non-verbally and be a self-starter with the ability to sustain and move work forward with minimal direction. This individual will possess strong management skills and will manage the Marketing Copywriter. All Chamber/Foundation employees are expected to work collaboratively with other departments and be team players to help accomplish our organizational mission.
This position will oversee the Foundation’s marketing efforts in collaboration with the Chamber’s marketing team and will manage the Foundation’s fundraising efforts, including management of the contract grant writer. The Communications & Development Manager will oversee general Foundation marketing and communications as well as specific initiatives, including but not limited to, ElevateEdAZ, Build Your Future Arizona (BYF Arizona), and Wellness AtoZ.
Grant and Donor Management: 40%
- Manage a contracted grant writer and related application process, including the list of potential grant opportunities, writing initial grant applications, moving applications through the internal approval process, submitting final grant applications, and monitoring grant submissions.
- Identify grant opportunities, research potential grants, and work with the CIO to determine viability of grant based upon the Foundation’s and funder’s priorities.
- Prepare and write grants that fall beyond the grant writer’s scope.
- Manage grant fulfillment, submitting necessary status updates and final grant summaries.
- Monitor annual fundraising campaigns, drafting outreach content and tracking submissions through a donor database.
Marketing and Communication: 60%
- Serve as the main liaison between Foundation staff and the marketing team, ensuring balanced workload for Foundation requests.
- Create, edit and manage Foundation related content, including website, newsletters, and printed materials, ensuring that information is regularly updated and follows appropriate brand guidelines.
- Responsible for identifying and completing short-term marketing requests, in coordination with the marketing team.
- Manage all general Foundation marketing collateral and communications (newsletters, social media, website, etc.) in collaboration with the Chamber marketing team.
- Coordinate with Chamber marketing team and PR Consultant on earned and paid media strategies.
- Manage Marketing Copywriter with support from BYF Arizona Workforce Development Manager.
- Work with BYF Arizona Workforce Development Manager to ensure that all marketing and communications are in line with brand standards. Review content created by Marketing Copywriter, including social media, blog posts, and related communications.
- Review Wellness AtoZ content, including newsletters, event verbiage, and related communications.
The Foundation is looking for candidates with the following knowledge, skills, and abilities desirable for job success:
- Must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to establish professional relationships
- Ability to effectively proofread content produced by team members, ensuring clarity, accuracy, conciseness, and consistency, adhering to the organization’s style guide
- Must possess analytical ability to solve problems, anticipate challenges, and identify opportunities and solutions
- Must be able to provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers at all levels of an organization
- Must have the ability to effectively manage and support staff by providing coaching, encouragement, and constructive feedback
- Detail oriented with ability to stay organized while handling multiple tasks. Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Highly motivated to learn, grow professionally, and work in a team environment
- Proficient in all MS Office products
- Must maintain a neat and professional appearance
- Minimum 1-year experience in project management
- Minimum 2-years marketing and/or communications experience
Successful candidates will also be expected to bring the following personal attributes to the position:
- Innovative by continuously looking for ways to improve processes, always for the best use of resources
- Takes a diplomatic approach to work and communications and an ability to easily establish credibility among a wide variety of stakeholders (i.e., business, nonprofit, academic, and policy/public sectors)
- Possess the ability to exercise mature judgment, tact, and professionalism
- Collaborates and builds bridges internally/externally; works with others to achieve common goals and furthermore possesses the ability to work with all levels of management and leadership both internally and externally
- Executes with excellence by consistently delivering on promises to the highest standards; appreciates and demands quality
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through Friday, June 25th. Please include the position in the subject line of your submission.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. GPC is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, color, age, national origin, disability or any other legally protected classes.