Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation
The Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation (the Foundation) convenes and catalyzes business, education, and community to enhance college and career readiness, develop a stronger workforce, and build healthier communities throughout Arizona. The Foundation, a 501c3 nonprofit organization, leads the charitable and education initiatives of the Greater Phoenix Chamber under the four pillars of education, workforce development, wellness, and research. Through stronger alignment between education, business, and community, the Foundation prepares individuals for college and career and serves as an intermediary to convey workforce needs and champion scalable workforce solutions. In addition, the Foundation makes Arizona and the Greater Phoenix region known as destinations for healthy talent and healthy communities through workplace wellness efforts and publishes data-driven research to inform policymakers, business leaders, and the general public.
Greater Phoenix Chamber
The Greater Phoenix Chamber (Chamber) is the leading business organization for the Greater Phoenix region. Our mission is to promote regional prosperity, serving as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities. We accomplish this through our ability to convene and connect business leaders, elected officials, and community leaders; cultivate thought leadership; advocate for pro-business policies; and communicate and promote the region’s strengths.
Who are we looking for today?
As the Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation moves forward with the ElevateEdAZ education initiative, we are looking for a highly motivated and committed high school student to influence our social media presence. This intern will implement best practices for social media marketing and assist in the creation of relevant content. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a passion for storytelling and connecting with others in their community, while possessing strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Gain experience in a professional environment
- Understand the overall concept of the ElevateEdAZ initiative, including the brand and vision
- Gain an understanding of social media marketing processes
- Help build ElevateEdAZ’s social media following and reputation
- Write engaging posts and captions for social media on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Plan and post live-tweets for summer externships
- Research current trends in social media marketing
- Research and provide suggestions to the ElevateEdAZ Team on how to enhance student engagement with content to build a following
- Monitor social media platforms daily for comments and messages to be relayed to the appropriate team member
- Select photos used in ElevateEdAZ marketing materials
- Analyze engagements and trends to gauge the success of campaigns
- Write a blog about personal internship experience as a capstone content piece
- Support other ElevateEdAZ marketing initiatives as needed
The Foundation is looking for candidates with the following knowledge, skills, and abilities desirable for job success:
- Current high school junior or senior with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Interest in writing, social media, and social trends
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hardworking, organized, efficient and creative work ethic
- Ability to work approximately 20 hours a week – virtually
This is a virtual summer internship opportunity that will run from Monday, June 14 through Friday, July 16, 2021. The internship will be approximately 20 hours per week and will be paid $15 per hour. Required technology will be provided.
Interested candidates should send a resume outlining skills and experiences to email@example.com. Candidates who do not currently have a resume are welcome to email us regarding their interest and will be provided support in creating a resume.
Applications for this position will be accepted through Friday, May 14, 2021.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. GPC is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, color, age, national origin, disability or any other legally protected classes.