Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation
The Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation (the Foundation) convenes and catalyzes business, education, and community to enhance college and career readiness, develop a stronger workforce, and build healthier communities throughout Arizona. The Foundation, a 501c3 nonprofit organization, leads the charitable and education initiatives of the Greater Phoenix Chamber under the four pillars of education, workforce development, wellness, and research.
Through stronger alignment between education, business, and community, the Foundation prepares individuals for college and career and serves as an intermediary to convey workforce needs and champion scalable workforce solutions. In addition, the Foundation makes Arizona and the Greater Phoenix region known as destinations for healthy talent and healthy communities through workplace wellness efforts and publishes data-driven research to inform policymakers, business leaders, and the general public.
Greater Phoenix Chamber
The Greater Phoenix Chamber (Chamber) is the leading business organization for the Greater Phoenix region. Our mission is to promote regional prosperity, serving as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities. We accomplish this through our ability to convene and connect business leaders, elected officials, and community leaders; cultivate thought leadership; advocate for pro-business policies; and communicate and promote the region’s strengths.
Who are we looking for today?
We are interested in hiring people who have a passion for Phoenix and a desire to make the Greater Phoenix region a great place to live, work and play. Ideal candidates will also have a passion for education and working with businesses to define and integrate viable career pathways into Arizona’s education system.
The Business Partnership Coordinator will conduct outreach and organize ways for employers to pursue their workforce development and civic engagement objectives by engaging them in ElevateEdAZ. This individual will onboard new businesses and volunteers, cultivate relationships, and connect them into the appropriate schools and programs. They will work with these employers to expand to more immersive work-based learning opportunities with high school students.
This position will actively recruit, and onboard employers interested in providing internships for students, and oversee the CommunityShare work-based learning online database, which provides the framework for teachers and employers to connect in order to provide experiences for students,
including guest speaking, job shadowing, mock interviews, and much more. The person in this role is responsible for onboarding teachers and employers and providing support and training as needed.
The Business Partnership Coordinator will also coordinate various work-based learning opportunities with employers, including the Elevate Your Network series and student and educator externships.
The candidate will communicate in a strong, positive, and effective manner, both verbally and non-verbally and be a self-starter with the ability to sustain and move work forward with minimal direction. All Chamber employees are expected to work collaboratively with other departments and be team players to help accomplish our organizational mission. The ideal candidate must be well organized with the ability to ensure continuous progress of various projects.
- Serve as the primary account manager for businesses interested in engaging in ElevateEdAZ; ensure that all partners are appropriately onboarded and trained, provide proactive communications, and mediate any issues that may arise
- Document all activities in the customer relationship management tool in a timely, complete, and accurate manner. Prepare related reports as needed
- Meet with current and potential Business Partners to generate high school internship placements for seniors at ElevateEdAZ partner schools
- Recruit and onboard Business Partners into the CommunityShare work-based learning platform for teachers and business professionals to connect and coordinate experiences for students
- Coordinate Elevate Your Network Career Awareness and Exploration events for high school students in collaboration with College and Career Coaches
- Facilitate Employer Onboarding events and meetings to ensure quality experiences for employers and school partners when working together
- Coordinate student and educator externships in collaboration with the Center for the Future of Arizona, Arizona Business and Education Coalition, and the Pima County Superintendent’s Office
- Support the ElevateEdAZ Steering Committee, District Leadership Committees, and Advisory Committees as available; coordinating meetings, preparing meeting materials, and providing follow-up as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Foundation is looking for candidates with the following knowledge, skills, and abilities desirable for job success:
- Minimum one-year experience in event/meeting coordination in a business environment
- Must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to establish professional relationships with educators, business professionals, and community leaders
- Skilled in outreach, meeting facilitation, and gaining employer buy-in to support students and educators
- Must possess analytical ability to solve problems, anticipate challenges, and identify opportunities and solutions
- Must be able to provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers at all levels of an organization
- Detail oriented with ability to stay organized while handling multiple tasks. Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Highly motivated to learn, grow professionally, and work in a team environment
- Proficient in all MS Office products
- Must maintain a neat and professional appearance
- Must be able to pass a background check, fingerprint clearance and a drug test
Successful candidates will also be expected to bring the following personal attributes to the position:
- Innovative by continuously looking for ways to improve processes, always for the best use of resources
- Takes a diplomatic approach to work and communications and an ability to easily establish credibility among a wide variety of stakeholders (i.e., business, nonprofit, academic, and policy/public sectors)
- Possess the ability to exercise mature judgment, tact, and professionalism
- Collaborates and builds bridges internally/externally; works with others to achieve common goals and furthermore possesses the ability to work with all levels of management and leadership both internally and externally
- Executes with excellence by consistently delivering on promises to the highest standards; appreciates and demands quality
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position in the subject line of your submission.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. GPC is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, color, age, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected classes.