JOB TITLE: Development and Event Coordinator
DATE REVISED: 11/4/2021
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs & Development
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Events & Programming
The Greater Phoenix Chamber is seeking a Development & Event Coordinator to join our team of professionals. This position provides support in the areas of special events, fund development, corporate sponsor relations, and supporting the Chamber’s database by delivering superior service to the Chamber members, Directors, employees, and potential members.
The position will be responsible maintaining the Chamber’s customer relationship management (CRM) software (ChamberMaster) and serves as primary point of contact for guest and corporate sponsor relations regarding the Chamber’s 20+ signature events.
This position will use their experience and skills to manage and maintain all appropriate functions within the ChamberMaster software and to ensure that event registration and communication for signature events is managed in a professional and effective manner for all guests.
Primary / Essential Job Duties
Development & Events
- Work with Events & Development team on sponsorship outreach
- Serve as primary contact for communication, recognition, and benefit fulfillment for key corporate sponsors and community partners.
- Tracks and manages event sponsorship benefits for all special events to ensure recognition benefits are fulfilled, in conjunction with the event team managers. Includes coordination of sponsorship agreements and single event sponsorship invoices, attendee registrations, delivery of recognition to sponsoring organizations and other vendor relations and event needs.
- Manages event attendee registration for the Chamber’s 20+ signature events, including the processing of billing and payments, managing attendance and event information internally, and creating timelines for event guest outreach and follow-up.
- Assists with event attendee cultivation and coordinates table sales
- Primary point of contact for external customers and customer service related to 20+ special events per year. Maintains strong internal and external communications as well as develops positive relationships with all event stakeholders, including attendees, staff, sponsors and
- Relays appropriate event details and requests to marketing team members for website, calendaring and other administrative tracking needs. Ensures that online and internal event calendars are always up-to-date, accurate, and within brand guidelines.
- Creates event support materials including registration webpages, reminder emails, nametags, table tents, registration lists, mass emails, powerpoints, post-event surveys, and other documents essential to event logistics.
- Attends and provides on-site support during events and receptions to manage registration and other on-site logistics. Conducts pre-event trainings and post-event debrief sessions, including detailed financial recap and coordination of follow up strategies.
- Manages the nomination process of the Chamber’s IMPACT and ATHENA Awards programs and serves as primary point of contact for award nominees.
- Drafts event descriptions, social media posts, and other event-related content items to promote the upcoming events.
- Works closely with all team members to ensure success of all internal and external programs.
- Maintain ChamberMaster database which includes:
- Writing, editing and proofreading all new member records and updated member records as necessary and reviewing them for accuracy.
- Processing membership cancellations as well as processing new ones.
- Maintaining and managing committee rosters and activities in ChamberMaster.
- Updating the membership directory with new logos, content etc.
- Designing and preparing reports and dashboard reports for Chamber sales personnel and management.
- Inputting events and member program information such as sponsorship logos, pictures, and content on a regular basis into ChamberMaster to be displayed on Chamber’s website.
- Working with ChamberMaster data to ensure Chamber membership profiles have all appropriate marketing data such as websites, keywords and company descriptions.
- Assist in training Chamber staff on all ChamberMaster processes and features.
- Provides support, as needed, in the compilation of data and formats reports for analysis of new business prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, event management, or related field and/or 1-2 years related event planning/internship experience or equivalent combination of experience and training
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Ability to grasp and learn new software and procedures a must.
- Outstanding writing, editing, proofreading, grammar, spelling and punctuation skills.
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills. Must be able to multi‐task to meet strict deadlines.
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside of a normal work schedule (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) to include early mornings and/or late evenings as events may require.
This job description serves to provide a summary of the primary components of this position but is not exhaustive. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time as business requires.
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include the position in the subject line of your submission.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. GPC is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, color, age, national origin, disability or any other legally protected classes.