Position Summary: The Director of Premier Engagement will serve as the primary contact for high-level Premier Chamber members. This individual’s objective is to support Premier membership investment by serving as a concierge securing member involvement through targeted outreach, personalized communications and follow-up resulting in strengthened members’ satisfaction and retention. This position will engage Premier members to participate in Chamber programs and events.
The Director of Premier Engagement will report to the Vice President Business Development, but will work closely with the Community Relations Department, Public Affairs Department, Economic Development Department and Foundation regarding participation in events and programs directly related to Premier tier benefits. This position works with stakeholders including national, regional and local business executives (member and non-member), community partners and elected public officials.
- Effectively communicate the Chamber’s value proposition to current and newly invested Premier tier members. This increases member involvement and participation delivering increased results for higher annual membership retention, enhanced event and committee participation, and sponsorship attraction for the Chamber.
New Premier Members: After initial activation of membership by a Business Development Executive or the Vice President of Business Development, the Director of Premier Engagement will:
- Evaluate each member company identifying needs
- Align and establish Chamber offerings to business segmentation
- Communicate personally to proper C-level and mid-management member employees benefits of Chamber
- Engage selected member company employees in appropriate level of engagement
- Create and implement a follow-up timeline to assure members’ value of organization
Current Premier Members: Director of Premier Engagement will:
- Evaluate and determine the level of support and engagement needed based on existing member activity
- Align, establish and engage company involvement as with new Premiers
- Determine if company is a good candidate for an upgrade in membership and/or sponsorship including the Foundation
Manage fulfillment of exclusive Premier benefits including:
- Signature event and programming tickets
- VIP reception attendance
- Sponsor and marketing credits
- Enhanced marketing benefits
Manage operations for Find Your PHX
- Fulfill existing contractual obligations
- Solicit new companies appropriate for the program
- Work with candidates understanding preferences for customized tours and meetings
- Grow revenue though Find Your PHX sponsorships and investment packages
- Help encourage Workforce/Wellness participation
- Bi-annual Premier PR / Media training
- VP Public Affairs/ Lawmaker/ Agency Introductions
- Annual D.C. Policy Issue Trip and Annual Workforce Trip
- Personal C-level introductions between Premiers and Board of Directors when appropriate
- Assist as secondary point of contact for the Vice President of Business Development as needed
- Work collaboratively with Marketing/Communications department when appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires experience in customer relationship management preferably with high-level individuals, boards of directors and organizations.
- Knowledge of public policy, current affairs, and business trends is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, strong negotiation strategies and the ability to establish professional relationships.
- Individual needs to be able to prioritize multiple responsibilities; have a strong knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, Zoom and database management software; and possess excellent organizational skills.
This job description serves to provide a summary of the primary components of this position but is not exhaustive. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time as business requires.
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include the position in the subject line of your submission.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. GPC is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, color, age, national origin, disability or any other legally protected classes.