JOB TITLE: Director, Marketing and Communications
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
STATUS: Exempt / Full –Time
The Greater Phoenix Chamber (Chamber) is the leading business organization for the Greater Phoenix region. Our mission is to promote regional prosperity, serving as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities. We accomplish this through our ability to convene and connect business leaders, elected officials, and community leaders; cultivate thought leadership; advocate for pro-business policies; and communicate and promote the region’s strengths. Workforce is one of three key pillars for the Chamber; the Foundation supports this work through employer-led workforce collaboratives, helping to develop a pipeline of talent for the greater Phoenix region.
JOB SUMMARY: Facilitates production and dissemination of marketing, communications, promotional, and advertising materials. Responsible to assist with collateral production, advertising, and promotion for the Greater Phoenix Chamber (GPC) and Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation (GPCF). Develops and executes marketing plans for the Chamber and Foundation’s brand. Occasionally writes promotional stories. Oversees GPC/GPCF websites in collaboration with the Marketing Manager.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with all Chamber departments to develop and manage GPC marketing calendar and promotional strategy
- Develop advertising strategy to drive Chamber membership, event attendance, and to promote Chamber initiatives
- Oversight of Chamber communications and messaging strategies, including email communications, podcast, social media, and media releases
- Develop marketing plans for Chamber events and initiatives
- Coordinate and manage media schedules and placement instructions
- Maintain strong relationships with Chamber media partners
- Ensure Chamber brand standards are maintained
- Manage necessary marketing metrics, including website and communications activities
- Manage the Communications Manager, Marketing Manager, and Graphic Designer
- Basic graphic design work
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in marketing, communications, or public relations with demonstrated success
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications, or public relations preferred.
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Multimedia production experience, including, but not limited to, print, web, HTML/CMS, video editing, photography, graphic design.
- Proven experience developing and implementing marketing strategies and plans.
- Knowledge of traditional marketing disciplines as well as new trends in marketing, especially social media, digital and event marketing.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects effectively.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, and communications activities
- Excellent writing skills, particularly with experience selling services and/or membership & events
- Strong strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Demonstrated successful experience creating engaging content and writing press releases
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position in the subject line of your submission.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. The Chamber is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, color, age, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected classes.