Greater Phoenix Chamber
The Greater Phoenix Chamber (Chamber) is the leading business organization for the Greater Phoenix region. Our mission is to promote regional prosperity, serving as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities. We accomplish this through our ability to convene and connect business leaders, elected officials, and community leaders; cultivate thought leadership; advocate for pro-business policies; and communicate and promote the region’s strengths.
Whom are we looking for today?
We are interested in hiring people who have a passion for Phoenix and a desire to make the Greater Phoenix region a great place to live, work, and play. Ideal candidates will also have a passion for working with businesses to ensure they understand, utilize, and appreciate the benefits of their Chamber membership.
The Membership Engagement Coordinator will conduct outreach and encourage businesses to utilize their membership. This individual will onboard new businesses, cultivate relationships, and connect them to the appropriate members and staff to increase engagement. This individual’s objective is to support Premier membership investment by serving as an extension of the Director of Strategic Member Engagement, securing member involvement through targeted outreach, personalized communications, and follow-up resulting in strengthened member satisfaction and retention. This position will engage Premier members to participate in Chamber activities.
This position will help execute the Member Retention Plan by coordinating various touchpoints with members, including emails, virtual meetings, phone calls, in-person meetings, handwritten notes, gifts, etc. This includes enlisting leadership involvement and tracking activities in CRM.
The candidate will communicate in a strong, positive, and effective manner, both verbally and written, and be a self-starter with the ability to sustain and move work forward with minimal direction. All Chamber employees are expected to work collaboratively with other departments and be team players to help accomplish our organizational mission. The ideal candidate must be well organized to ensure the continuous progress of various projects.
- Serve as a secondary point of contact for the Director of Strategic Member Engagement and VP of Strategic Member Engagement
- Maintain business CRM. Document all activities in the customer relationship management tool in a timely, complete, and accurate manner. Prepare related reports as needed
- Facilitate member onboarding events and meetings to ensure quality experiences for members
- Assist in the planning and execution of FindYourPHX, a Chamber program that helps executives relocate to our region
- Coordinate communications between staff, leadership, and board members to ensure efforts are targeted and purposeful
- Support the Director of Strategic Member Engagement and the VP of Strategic Member Engagement with calendar coordination, setting appointments, and organizing follow-up
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Chamber is looking for candidates with the following knowledge, skills, and abilities desirable for job success:
- Requires experience in customer relationship management, preferably with high-level individuals, boards of directors, and organizations
- Must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to establish professional relationships with business professionals, and community leaders
- Detail-oriented with the ability to stay organized while handling multiple tasks. Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Skilled in outreach, meeting coordination, and gaining member trust through executing tasks professionally and promptly
- Must possess analytical ability to solve problems, anticipate challenges, and identify opportunities and solutions
- Knowledge of the Greater Phoenix region, including neighborhoods, communities, and key attractions
- Must be able to provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers at all levels of an organization
- Highly motivated to learn, grow professionally, and work in a team environment
• Proficient in all MS Office products
- Proficient in all Google docs, sheets, forms, etc.
- Experience maintaining CRM database
- Must maintain a neat and professional appearance
- Must be able to pass a background check, fingerprint clearance, and a drug test
Successful candidates will also be expected to bring the following personal attributes to the position:
- Innovative, continuously looking for ways to improve processes, and the best use of resources
- Takes a diplomatic approach to work and communications and an ability to easily establish credibility among a wide variety of stakeholders (i.e., business, nonprofit, and policy/public sectors)
- Possess the ability to exercise mature judgment, tact, and professionalism
- Collaborates and builds bridges; works with others to achieve common goals and possesses the ability to work with all levels of management and leadership both internally and externally
- Executes with excellence by consistently delivering on promises to the highest standards; appreciates and expects quality
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include the position in the subject line of your submission.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. GPC is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, color, age, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected classes.