Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation
The Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation (the Foundation) convenes and catalyzes business, education, and community to enhance college and career readiness, develop a stronger workforce, and build healthier communities throughout Arizona. The Foundation, a 501c3 nonprofit organization, leads the charitable and education initiatives of the Greater Phoenix Chamber under the four pillars of education, workforce development, wellness, and research. Through stronger alignment between education, business, and community, the Foundation prepares individuals for college and career and serves as an intermediary to convey workforce needs and champion scalable workforce solutions. In addition, the Foundation makes Arizona and the Greater Phoenix region known as destinations for healthy talent and healthy communities through workplace wellness efforts and publishes data-driven research to inform policymakers, business leaders, and the general public.
Greater Phoenix Chamber
The Greater Phoenix Chamber (Chamber) is the leading business organization for the Greater Phoenix region. Our mission is to promote regional prosperity, serving as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities. We accomplish this through our ability to convene and connect business leaders, elected officials, and community leaders; cultivate thought leadership; advocate for pro-business policies; and communicate and promote the region’s strengths.
Who are we looking for today?
We are interested in hiring people who have a passion for Phoenix and a desire to make the Greater Phoenix region a great place to live, work and play. Ideal candidates will also have a passion for education and working with businesses to define and integrate viable career pathways into Arizona’s education system.
The Business Partnership Manager will lead the Business Partnership Team, dedicated to conducting outreach and organizing ways for employers to pursue their workforce development and civic engagement objectives by engaging them in ElevateEdAZ. This individual will onboard new businesses and volunteers, cultivate relationships, and connect them to the appropriate schools and programs. They will work with these employers to expand to more immersive work-based learning opportunities for high school students.
This position will actively enhance and refine ElevateEdAZ’s plan and strategies for business engagement toward reaching programmatic goals. The Business Partnership Manager will also oversee the coordination of various work-based learning opportunities with employers, including student and educator externships in collaboration with partner organizations.
The candidate will communicate in a strong, positive, and effective manner, both verbally and non-verbally, and be a self-starter with the ability to sustain and move work forward with minimal direction. All Chamber employees are expected to work collaboratively with other departments and be team players to help accomplish our organizational mission. The ideal candidate must be well organized with the ability to ensure the continuous progress of various projects.
- Lead ElevateEdAZ Business Partnership Team to establish and develop relationships with businesses to engage with partner high schools to provide job shadows, internships, and career awareness and development opportunities for students and teachers
- Ensure Business Partners are appropriately onboarded and trained, provide proactive communications, and mediate any issues that may arise
- Develop and refine structures and processes associated with business engagement
- Oversee the work of Business Partnership Coordinators
- Implement a new Client Relationship Management Tool, develop processes and procedures, and train new staff and partners to utilize full CRM functionality
- Ensure activities related to business engagement are recorded in the CRM tool a timely and accurate manner
- Collaborate with Chamber, Foundation, and ElevateEdAZ staff to coordinate business outreach efforts and effectively match businesses with opportunities at local schools and districts
- Attend internal and external events to increase awareness of ElevateEdAZ in the community and generate increased business engagement
- Support Business Advisory Councils, ensuring business attendance and leading meetings as assigned
- Strategically support partner school districts to build out tailored and scalable business engagement in collaboration with ElevateEdAZ
- Facilitate Employer Onboarding events and meetings to ensure quality experiences for employers and school partners when working together
- Oversee ElevateEdAZ’s coordination of student and educator externships in collaboration with the Center for the Future of Arizona, Arizona Business and Education Coalition, and the Pima County Superintendent’s Office
- Submit marketing requests as needed to ensure ElevateEdAZ website, presentations, flyers, and collateral reflect timely and relevant changes
- Prepare reports associated with key performance indicators, annual reports, and grant reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Foundation is looking for candidates with the following knowledge, skills, and abilities desirable for job success:
- Minimum two-year experience in meeting and event planning and facilitation
- Minimum one-year experience in staff supervision
- Minimum one-year experience working in or with the business community
- Ability to strategically plan and execute business partner outreach to increase engagement at all partner high schools
- Must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to establish professional relationships with educators, business professionals, and community leaders
- Skilled in outreach, meeting facilitation, and gaining employer buy-in to support students and educators
- Must possess analytical ability to solve problems, anticipate challenges, and identify opportunities and solutions
- Must be able to provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers at all levels of an organization
- Detail-oriented with the ability to stay organized while handling multiple tasks. Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Highly motivated to learn, grow professionally, and work in a team environment
- Proficient in all MS Office products
- Must maintain a neat and professional appearance
- Must be able to pass a background check, fingerprint clearance, and a drug test
Successful candidates will also be expected to bring the following personal attributes to the position:
- Innovative by continuously looking for ways to improve processes, always for the best use of resources
- Takes a diplomatic approach to work and communications and an ability to easily establish credibility among a wide variety of stakeholders (i.e., business, nonprofit, academic, and policy/public sectors)
- Possess the ability to exercise mature judgment, tact, and professionalism
- Collaborates and builds bridges internally/externally; works with others to achieve common goals and furthermore possesses the ability to work with all levels of management and leadership both internally and externally
- Executes with excellence by consistently delivering on promises to the highest standards; appreciates and demands quality
Worksite and Hours
The Business Partnership Manager is a full-time, hybrid position. Applicants should be available for in-person days at the Chamber Office and should expect to have meetings and events to attend throughout the valley on occasion. Typical work hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include the position in the subject line of your submission.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. GPC is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, color, age, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected classes.