Since 1987, the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce (GPCC) has honored the accomplishments of businesses and the impact they make on the Greater Phoenix business community. GPCC looks for companies with a strong footprint in the Valley that deserve special recognition.
OVERVIEW of AWARDS
Nominees must submit written statements for all four categories. Two businesses—one with 250 or fewer employees and one with more than 250 employees—will be honored in each of the four categories below. An IMPACT Business of the Year Recipient is selected from the category recipients in both business sectors.
- Arizona Advocate – A business promoting pro-growth, pro-job policies that foster a business-friendly climate, advocating for Arizona on a state, national and/or global level as a unique place for businesses and individuals to thrive.
- Community Champion – A business focusing on local community involvement, volunteering and truly making a positive impact in the community throughout their company.
- Economic Driver – A business substantially contributing to the economic vitality of the Greater Phoenix community by creating new jobs and opportunities, advancing a new industry or revitalizing a business sector or neighborhood.
- Exceptional Innovator – A business exemplifying the spirit of entrepreneurialism. This business identifies opportunities or unmet needs and takes risks, creates value, initiates change or develops innovative solutions.
- IMPACT Business of the Year – Additionally, a category award recipient is honored as a business moving the local economy forward, giving back to the community, and possessing a corporate culture that enriches the lives of its employees.
- Jan. 17, 2018 – Nomination forms due by 5 p.m.
- Jan. 26, 2018 – Application packets due by 5 p.m.
- Feb. 21, 2018 – Nominee reception (Attendance by a company representative recommended)
- March 14, 2018– Selection panel interviews: companies with fewer than 250 employees (finalists only)
- March 15, 2018 – Selection panel interviews: companies with more than 250 employees (finalists only)
- March 23, 2018 – Recipients’ meet and greet (Attendance by a company representative recommended)
- March 27-29, 2018 – Recipient video shoots (Recipient requirement, no exceptions)
- May 24, 2018 – 31st Annual IMPACT Awards Luncheon
BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY
- Must be a member in good standing with the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce.
- Must be headquartered in Arizona or have a major presence here.
- Must be able to meet time commitments (detailed above).
- Must NOT be a government agency or municipality.
- Honorees must support the IMPACT Awards event as table host (minimum of one table, $900/table of 10).
Nonprofit organizations may apply to the Chamber’s IMPACTful Nonprofit Award in lieu of the Chamber’s IMPACT Awards. Organizations may not apply to both. The IMPACTful Nonprofit Award is a separate application. If you are interested in applying for the IMPACTful Nonprofit Award please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Once this nomination form is submitted, the nominee and nominator will receive an IMPACT Awards application from the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce to complete and submit by Jan. 26, 2018. No extensions will be granted.
Questions? Contact IMPACT@phoenixchamber.com or 602-495-2182.
Nomination deadline is Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018 at 5 p.m.