In 2016, as a companion to the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce’s 30-year history of honoring businesses, the Chamber launched the IMPACTful Nonprofit Award highlighting nonprofits with a strong footprint in the Valley that serve a valuable mission and are deserving of special recognition.
The IMPACTful Nonprofit recipient will receive the following benefits:
- Pre-event recognition through the Chamber’s communication channels
- On-stage recognition at the IMPACT Awards Luncheon
- Recognition in the IMPACT Awards printed program
- $1,500, one-time donation to the recipient organization
- Beneficiary of any additional funds generated through the event centerpiece auction
Overview of Awards
The IMPACTful Nonprofit Award will be open to nonprofit organizations and recognizes the value of nonprofits in the Valley, while also considering the unique situation, scope and abilities of a nonprofit organization. The recipient is recognized at the Chamber’s Annual IMPACT Awards Luncheon on May 24, 2018. Organizations that are nominated and complete the application for the IMPACTful Award are NOT eligible for one of the Chamber’s IMPACT Awards.
Applicants must submit a written application following the guidelines outlined in the application packet, highlighting their success in three areas. Nominees must submit written statements for all three categories. Failure to complete a written submission for each category will result in elimination from the process.
The IMPACTful Nonprofit Award will honor a nonprofit that exhibits success in the following areas:
- Community Impact – An organization that is measurably improving the community through volunteer efforts, community focused initiatives, education projects or other methods. This organization’s mission adds great value to the Greater Phoenix community.
- Innovation – An innovative organization that exemplifies the spirit of entrepreneurialism within the nonprofit sector. An organization that has identified opportunities or unmet needs and, as a result, has initiated changes or developed innovative solutions.
- Adversity – An organization that faced significant challenges and was able to respond and rebound in order to build a stronger, more sustainable organization.
- Jan. 17, 2018 – Nomination forms due by 5 p.m.
- Jan. 26, 2018 – Application packets due by 5 p.m.
- Feb. 21, 2018 – Nominee reception (Attendance by a company representative recommended)
- May 24, 2018 – 31st Annual IMPACT Awards Luncheon
Organization Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a member in good standing of the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce
- Must be headquartered in Arizona or have a major presence here
- Must be able to meet time commitments (detailed above)
- Must NOT be nominated for or applying for an IMPACT Award
- Must have 501(c)3 nonprofit status
If you are a previous IMPACT Award or IMPACTful Award recipient you are NOT eligible to be an IMPACTful Nonprofit Award nominee.
Once this nomination form is submitted, the nominee and nominator will receive an IMPACTful Nonprofit Award application from the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce to complete and submit by Jan. 26, 2018. No extensions will be granted.
Any questions? Contact our events team at IMPACT@phoenixchamber.com or 602-495-2182.
Nomination form also available online: www.phoenixchamber.com/IMPACT
Nomination Deadline is 5 p.m., Wednesday, Jan.17, 2018