Since 1987, the Greater Phoenix Chamber (the Chamber) has honored the accomplishments of businesses and the impact they make on the Greater Phoenix business community. The Chamber looks for companies with a strong footprint in the Valley that deserve special recognition.
Participating companies will receive recognition in:
- Social media channels
- Possible interviews with local media
- Printed program
OVERVIEW of AWARDS
Two businesses-one with 250 employees or fewer and one with more than 250 employees—will be honored in each of the four categories below. An IMPACT Business of the Year Recipient is selected from the category recipients in both business sectors. Business sectors are defined by employee count.
- Arizona Advocate: A business promoting pro-growth, pro-job policies that foster a business-friendly climate, creating jobs and attracting/retaining talent in the region while advocating for Arizona on a state, national, and/or global level as a unique place for businesses and individuals to thrive.
- Community Champion: A business focusing on local community involvement, volunteering, and truly making a positive impact in the community throughout their company.
- Economic Driver: A business that substantially contributes to the economic vitality of the Greater Phoenix community by advancing a new industry or revitalizing a business sector or neighborhood.
- Exceptional Innovator: A business exemplifying the spirit of entrepreneurialism. This business identifies opportunities or unmet needs and takes risks, creates value, initiates change, or develops innovative solutions.
- IMPACT Business of the Year: A category award recipient that is additionally honored as a business moving the local economy forward, giving back to the community, and innovating to enhance the image of Arizona.
- January 8, 2020: Nomination forms due by 5 p.m.
- January 22, 2020: Application packets due by 5 p.m.
- February 19, 2020: Nominee reception (Attendance by a company representative recommended)
- March 4, 2020: Selection panel interviews: companies with 250 employees or fewer (Finalists only)
- March 5, 2020: Selection panel interviews: companies with more than 250 employees (Finalists only)
- March 20, 2020: Recipients’ meet and greet (Recipients only, attendance by a company representative recommended)
- March 24-26, 2020: Recipient video shoots (Recipients only)
- May 6, 2020: Greater Phoenix Chamber IMPACT Awards Luncheon
BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY
- Must be a member in good standing with the Greater Phoenix Chamber
- Must be headquartered in Arizona or have a major presence here
- Must be able to meet time commitments (detailed above)
- Must NOT be a government agency or municipality
- Must NOT have been named an IMPACT Business of the Year recipient in the past ten years
- Award Finalists must support the IMPACT Awards with a minimum $500 investment
- Includes five seats at the event, on-stage recognition and plaque, logo recognition in event program and PowerPoint (valued at $1,500)
Additional tables may be purchased
- Award Recipients must support the IMPACT Awards with a minimum $1,000 investment
- Includes a table of ten at the event, produced video highlighting company, on-stage recognition and acceptance speech, trophy, half-page in event program and logo in PowerPoint (valued at $5,000)
Once this nomination form is submitted, the nominee and nominator will receive an IMPACT Awards application from the Greater Phoenix Chamber to complete and submit by January 22, 2020. No extensions will be granted. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-495-2182.
Recipients will be honored at the Greater Phoenix Chamber’s IMPACT Awards on May 6, 2020.