The ATHENA Awards
The ATHENA Award, an internationally prized honor, recognizes women who demonstrate excellence in professional leadership, community service, and mentorship of future leaders. Each year, the Greater Phoenix Chamber’s ATHENA Awards highlight three women at the top of their field, who demonstrate inspiring leadership within their industry, mentor women throughout their career, and dedicate themselves to the community.
The Greater Phoenix Chamber proudly hosts one of the most established and highly-regarded ATHENA Awards programs in the country. Over the past 34 years, 62 accomplished and compassionate Valley businesswomen have earned the title of ATHENA.
We want to learn about the ATHENAs in your life!
Who is an ATHENA?
An ATHENA recipient must meet three specific criteria:
- Leadership: Demonstrates excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession in the Greater Phoenix area
- Mentorship: Assists others (both professionally and personally) in reaching their full leadership potential
- Community Service: Provides valuable service by devoting consistent and continuous time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the Greater Phoenix community
As the Greater Phoenix Chamber ATHENA Awards celebrates its landmark 35th anniversary, we continue to honor three women–one in the public sector, one in the private sector, and one up-and-coming ATHENA young professional.
Friday, June 17, 2022 – Nomination forms due by 5 p.m. (No extensions granted)
Monday, July 11, 2022 – Application packets due by 5 p.m. (No extensions granted)
Wednesday, August 17, 2022 – ATHENA Nominee Reception
Wednesday, August 24th, 2022 – ATHENA Selection Committee panel interview, video interview, and photos (finalists only)
- 8 a.m.– 11 a.m. – Private Sector
- 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Public Sector
- 2:45-5 p.m. – Young Professional
Sept 7-9- On-site Video Shoots (Public & Private sector finalists only)
Thursday, October 13, 2022 – ATHENA Awards Luncheon at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge
- 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m. – Finalist time commitment
Requirements for eligibility
- Nominees must be able to meet the above time commitments.
- Finalists must support the ATHENA Awards event as a table host (minimum of one $1,000 table).
- Individuals currently serving in a paid elected position are not eligible to participate. (e.g. state legislators are not eligible; school board members are eligible for consideration. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions on eligibility.)
Nominations forms are due Friday, June 17, 2022, by 5 p.m.! No extensions granted.