The ATHENA Awards
The Greater Phoenix Chamber’s ATHENA Awards program recognizes and celebrates the achievements of businesswomen across the Greater Phoenix region. The ATHENA Award, an internationally prized honor, recognizes women who demonstrate excellence in professional leadership, community service, and mentorship of future leaders. Each year, the Greater Phoenix Chamber’s ATHENA Awards highlight three women at the top of their field, who demonstrate inspiring leadership within their industry, mentor women throughout their career, and dedicate themselves to the community.
The Greater Phoenix Chamber proudly hosts one of the most established and highly-regarded ATHENA Awards programs in the country. Over the past 33 years, 59 accomplished and compassionate Valley businesswomen have earned the title of ATHENA. We want to learn about the ATHENAs in your life!
Who is an ATHENA?
An ATHENA recipient must meet three specific criteria:
- Leadership: Demonstrates excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession in the Greater Phoenix area
- Mentorship: Assists others (both professionally and personally) in reaching their full leadership potential
- Community Service: Provides valuable service by devoting consistent and continuous time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the Greater Phoenix community
This year, we continue to honor three women–one in the public sector, one in the private sector, and one up-and-coming ATHENA young professional.
Friday, June 18, 2021 – Nomination forms due by 5 p.m. (No extensions granted)
Friday, July 16, 2021 – Application packets due by 5 p.m. (No extensions granted)
Wednesday, August 18, 2021 – Virtual ATHENA Nominee Reception: 4 – 5 p.m.
Tuesday, August 31, 2021 – ATHENA Selection Committee panel interview, video interview, and photos (finalists only)
- Private Sector: 8 – 11 a.m.
- Public Sector: 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Young Professional: 2:45 – 5 p.m.
September 21-23, 2021 Video shoots (private and public sector finalists only)
- Three hour video shoot at your business location, which includes interview and b-roll footage. (Private and Public Sector finalists only)
Thursday, November 18, 2021 – ATHENA Awards
Requirements for eligibility:
- Nominees must be able to meet the above time commitments.
- Finalists must support the ATHENA Awards event as a table host (minimum of one $1,000 table). Adjustments may be made to this requirement if event is held virtually, but will not exceed the table host requirement outlined.
- Individuals currently serving in a paid elected position are not eligible to participate. (e.g. state legislators are not eligible; school board members are eligible for consideration. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions on eligibility.)
Nominations forms are due Friday, June 18, 2021, by 5 p.m.! No extensions granted.
*The format of this program is subject to change and will be evaluated as the public health situation evolves.