The Greater Phoenix Chamber announced the 2021 ATHENA private sector, public sector and young professional award recipients at its 34th Annual ATHENA Awards.
The ATHENA Businesswoman of the Year Award recognizes a woman in the public and private sectors, in addition to highlighting an upcoming leader in the Valley as an ATHENA Young Professional. ATHENA finalists are chosen for their excellence in business and leadership, dedication to the community and support, and mentorship of other women.
Molly Stockley, Regional Vice President of Marketing, Cancer Treatment Centers of America was awarded the 2021 ATHENA Businesswoman of the Year Award in the private sector. Jeanine Bashir, Regional Director, First Things First, earned the 2021 ATHENA Businesswoman of the Year Award in the public sector. Stella O’Rourke, Corporate Development & Events Manager, UMOM New Day Centers took home the 2021 ATHENA Young Professional Award.
Stockley, Bashir, and O’Rourke were chosen from among 11 ATHENA finalists, who were selected from a large group of nominees. Learn more about the 2021 ATHENA Finalists:
Private Sector Finalists
- Catharine Ellingsen, Chief Legal Officer, Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer, and Corporate Secretary, Republic Services
- Christine Gannon, Founder & CEO, Brightworks Consulting
- Molly Stockley, Regional Vice President of Marketing, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Kathleen Winston, PhD, RN, Dean, College of Nursing, University of Phoenix
Public Sector Finalists
- Jeanine Bashir, Regional Director, First Things First
- Debbie Esparza, Chief Executive Officer, YWCA Metropolitan Phoenix
- Lauren Henschen, Chief Executive Officer, Phoenix Center for the Arts
- Mona Mehta Stone, SVP, General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer, Corporate Secretary, Goodwill of Central & Northern Arizona
Young Professional Finalists
- Christina Ngo, Director of Social Embeddedness, Arizona State University
- Stella O’Rourke, Corporate Development & Events Manager, UMOM New Day Centers
- Kimberly Roland, Vice President of Innovation and Entrepreneur Programs, Better Business Bureau Serving the Pacific Southwest
About the Greater Phoenix Chamber
Representing 2,400 businesses across the Greater Phoenix region, the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce promotes regional prosperity by serving as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities. The Chamber pursues this mission by collaborating with business, political and community leaders to grow the regional talent pool, create a regional approach to economic development and drive a pro-Arizona agenda.
About the ATHENA Award
The ATHENA Award, an honor awarded internationally, recognizes exemplary achievement and challenges its recipients with a continued sense of responsibility, support and leadership. The ATHENA Award honors women who have consistently invested in themselves, their profession, their community, and especially other women. They reflect the pinnacle of success within their industry, mentor women throughout their career, and dedicate themselves to the community through various activities and charities.
About the ATHENA Young Professional Award
ATHENA International established an award to honor emerging young leaders in our community. The ATHENA Young Professional Award officially launched at the 2007 International ATHENA Leadership Conference and Phoenix was proud to be one of the first cities to present it within their community. These are the “women to watch.”