In 2016, the Chamber launched the IMPACTful Nonprofit Award highlighting nonprofits with a strong footprint in the Valley that serve a valuable mission and are deserving of special recognition.
Participating nonprofits will receive recognition in:
- Social media channels
- Possible interviews with local media
- Printed program
The IMPACTful Nonprofit recipient will receive the following benefits:
- Pre-event recognition through the Chamber’s communication channels
- Table of ten (10) at the IMPACT Awards Luncheon
- On-stage recognition at the IMPACT Awards Luncheon
- Recognition in the IMPACT Awards printed program
- Beneficiary of funds generated through the event centerpiece sales
Overview of Awards
The IMPACTful Nonprofit Award is open to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations and recognizes the value of nonprofits in the Valley, while also taking into consideration the unique situation, scope, and abilities of a nonprofit organization. The recipient is recognized at the IMPACT Awards Luncheon on May 6, 2020. Organizations that are nominated and complete the application for the IMPACTful Award are NOT eligible for one of the Chamber’s IMPACT Awards.
Note: It is recommended that larger nonprofits with an annual operating budget in excess of $10 million consider applying for an IMPACT Award. To switch your application from IMPACTful to IMPACT, please click here for an IMPACT Award application.
Applicants must submit a written application following the guidelines outlined in the application packet, highlighting their success in three areas. Nominees must submit written statements for all three categories. Failure to complete a written submission for each category will result in elimination from the process.
The IMPACTful Nonprofit Award will honor a nonprofit that exhibits success in the following areas:
- Community Impact: An organization that is measurably improving the community through volunteer efforts, community focused initiatives, education projects, or other methods. This organization’s mission adds great value to the Greater Phoenix community.
- Innovation: An innovative organization that exemplifies the spirit of entrepreneurialism within the nonprofit sector. An organization that has identified opportunities or unmet needs and, as a result, initiated change or developed innovative solutions.
- Adversity: An organization that faced significant challenges and rebounded in order to build a stronger, more sustainable organization.
- January 8, 2020: Nomination forms due by 5 p.m.
- January 22, 2020: Application packets due by 5 p.m.
- February 19, 2020: Nominee reception (Attendance by a company representative recommended)
- May 6, 2020: Greater Phoenix Chamber’s IMPACT Awards Luncheon
Organization Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a member in good standing of the Greater Phoenix Chamber
- Must be headquartered in Arizona or have a major presence here
- Must be able to meet time commitments (detailed above)
- Must NOT be nominated for or applying for an IMPACT Award
- Must NOT have previously received the IMPACTful Nonprofit Award or an IMPACT Award
- Must have 501(c)3 nonprofit status
If you are a previous IMPACT Award or IMPACTful Award recipient you are NOT eligible to be an IMPACTful Nonprofit Award nominee.
Once this nomination form is submitted, the nominee and nominator will receive an IMPACTful Nonprofit Award application from the Greater Phoenix Chamber to complete and submit by January 22, 2020. No extensions will be granted.
Any questions? Contact our events team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-495-2182.
Recipients will be honored at the Greater Phoenix Chamber’s IMPACT Awards on May 6, 2020.
Nomination Deadline is 5 p.m., Friday, January 8, 2020