Overview of Award
The IMPACTful Nonprofit Award is open to all nonprofit organizations and recognizes the value of nonprofits in the Valley, while also taking into consideration the unique situation, scope and abilities of a nonprofit organization. The recipient is recognized at the IMPACT Awards Luncheon on May 23, 2019. Organizations that are nominated and complete the application for the IMPACTful Award are NOT eligible for one of the Chamber’s IMPACT Awards.
The IMPACTful Nonprofit Award will honor a nonprofit that exhibits success in the following areas:
- Community Impact – An organization that is measurably improving the community through volunteer efforts, community focused initiatives, education projects, or other methods. This organization’s mission adds great value to the Greater Phoenix community.
- Innovation – An innovative organization that exemplifies the spirit of entrepreneurialism within the nonprofit sector. An organization that has identified opportunities or unmet needs and, as a result, initiated change or developed innovative solutions.
- Adversity – An organization that faced significant challenges and rebounded in order to build a stronger, more sustainable organization.
- Jan. 11, 2019 – Nomination forms due by 5 p.m.
- Jan. 25, 2019 – Application packets due by 5 p.m.
- Feb. 21, 2019 – Nominee reception (Attendance by a company representative recommended)
- May 23, 2019 – Greater Phoenix Chamber IMPACT Awards Luncheon
BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY
- Must be a member in good standing with the Greater Phoenix Chamber.
- Must be headquartered in Arizona or have a major presence here.
- Must be able to meet time commitments (detailed above).
- Must NOT be a government agency or municipality.
A selection committee will determine the top four finalists for the IMPACTful Nonprofit Award. After finalist selection, the community will be asked to vote for the IMPACTful Nonprofit. Voting will be hosted on the Chamber’s website. Using newsletters, emails, community partners, finalists’ networks and social media, we will encourage members of the community to vote for the nonprofit that they think is most deserving of the award. Finalists will be encouraged to promote the voting process to their networks.
Voting will begin on Feb. 25, 2019 and voting will close on April 19, 2019. The organization with the majority of votes will be named the Recipient of the IMPACTful Nonprofit Award. The Recipient will be required to attend the IMPACT Awards on May 23, 2019, in order to accept the award.
It is recommended that larger nonprofit organizations with an annual operating budget in excess of $10 million consider applying for an IMPACT Award.
Click here to apply for the IMPACT Awards