C: 480.415-4644 | O: 602.495.6481
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
June 7, 2017
PHOENIX – The Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce announced new leaders of its board of directors during its Annual Luncheon on June 7 at the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort.
Michael McCann, Arizona market executive at JPMorgan Chase, will serve as 2017-2018 board chairman, succeeding Daniel Froetscher of APS, who will serve as immediate past chair. Phyllis Senseman, vice president of marketing & communications for CopperPoint Insurance Companies, will serve as chair-elect.
The 2017-2018 board of directors will continue to focus on growing the Greater Phoenix region economy from within through the efforts of Phoenix Forward, the Chamber’s collaborative economic development initiative. The board also provides insights and guidance to the Chamber’s work in public policy, growing the regional talent pool and supporting local businesses in myriad ways.
“I’m very excited for the opportunity to work with exemplary Arizona business leaders while serving as Greater Phoenix Chamber board chair,” said Michael McCann, Arizona market executive at JPMorgan Chase. “We’re fortunate to be positioned to really help grow and support the business community by taking advantage of the positive momentum going on right now throughout the Greater Phoenix region.”
The Chamber also welcomes the following eight business leaders to its board of directors:
- Brent Cannon, Executive VP – Director of Community Banking, National Bank of Arizona
- Rick Dircks, Executive Vice President, Dircks Moving & Logistics
- Jose Esparza, Jr., Vice President of Energy Solutions, Southwest Gas Corporation
- Chris Harrison, Executive Vice President & General Manager, The Weitz Company
- Michelle Just, President/CEO, Beatitudes Campus
- Doris Savron, Executive Dean, College of Health Professions, University of Phoenix
- Kevin Sellers, Chief Marketing Officer, Avnet, Inc.
- David Tupponce, Chief Executive Officer, Abrazo Scottsdale Campus
The newly appointed board leaders and members officially assume their duties at the start of FY2018 on July 1.
About the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce
Representing 2,400 businesses across the Greater Phoenix region, the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce promotes regional prosperity by serving as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities. The Chamber pursues this mission by collaborating with business, political and community leaders to grow the regional talent pool, create a regional approach to economic development and drive a pro-Arizona agenda.