Retailer hiring 1,600 associates for roles in 124 stores and pharmacies
TOLLESON, Ariz. (September 16, 2021) – Fry’s Food Stores is amplifying its efforts to hire 1,600 new associates over the next several weeks in preparation for the busy holiday season. A wide range of full- and part-time positions are available including all-purpose clerks, department managers, e-commerce, pharmacy, as well as others. Positions are open to everyone, including veterans, high school and college students, retirees, and people with physical and intellectual disabilities.
“We have an ongoing goal to provide customers the highest level of service possible and want to hire individuals who share in our passion for people and fresh food,” said Donna Tanori, HR leader, Fry’s Food Stores. “Our associates take pride working for a company that not only offers a wide variety of benefits but has a long history of giving back to the community and our associates.”
Fry’s, a division of the Kroger Family of Stores, is dedicated to growing its associates professionally with endless opportunities to learn and advance through role-specific; leadership; and diversity, equity, and inclusion training. Many members of the Fry’s management team began their career in entry-level positions such as baggers, stockers, and cashiers.
As an industry leader, Fry’s offers resources, benefits, and training, to help associates thrive including:
- Top-tier health and retirement benefits. Comprehensive compensation packages include competitive wages, healthcare, and retirement options.
- Associate discounts. Associates receive discounts on groceries, electronics, entertainment streaming services, travel, and more, leading to hundreds of dollars saved annually.
- $100 COVID-19 vaccine payment. To help continue encouraging vaccination, all associates are eligible to receive a one-time, $100 payment once they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including newly hired associates.
- Next day pay and flexible scheduling: Fry’s provides flexible scheduling and an advance pay option for work already completed.
- Welcoming and inclusive work environment. Fry’s strives to reflect the communities we serve; fosters a culture that empowers everyone to be their true self; and mobilizes our passion, scale and resources for good.
- Opportunities to help end hunger and eliminate waste. In 2020, Fry’s provided 12 million meals across Arizona through grants and donations and also diverted 153 million pounds of waste from landfills with recycling, food rescue and livestock feeding programs.
Individuals interested in joining the Fry’s team should apply at www.jobs.kroger.com/Fry’s
About Fry’s Food Stores
At Fry’s Food Stores, a company of The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR), we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. Headquartered in Tolleson, we employ more than 20,000 associates and operate 124 Fry’s Food Stores and 94 fuel centers across the state. Fry’s has been serving Arizonans since 1960 and was selected as the 2019 Business of the Year by the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce. As a division of The Kroger Family of Companies, we care about the communities we serve, working to end hunger and eliminate waste across the company through our Zero Hunger | Zero Waste social impact plan. In 2020, we provided nearly 12 million meals to Arizona’s hungry families.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 623-907-4980