This time of year is meant for holiday cheer and family. Unfortunately, reality doesn’t stop for the festivities and violence in the workplace can happen anywhere and anytime. From active shooters to disgruntled employees, all employers should take the necessary steps to protect their property, their employees, and themselves. Below are some steps that employers can take to mitigate risks and potentially save lives:
- Be aware and teach awareness. Criminals use the element of surprise. By simply paying attention to abnormal behavior you can potentially deter someone wanting to act.
- Develop a plan. Make sure every employee understands what needs to happen in the event of a crisis. There should be a written plan of action included in your policies and procedures.
- Find leaders within your team. These leaders can serve as captains to help coordinate and take additional responsibility in the event of an emergency. Look for people that are calm under pressure and can rally other employees into action.
- Do the drill. You should run drills on emergency situations at least every six months. Having a plan that no one knows how to enact doesn’t help in the event of a real emergency.
- Get expert advice. Consider security consultations and assessments. The most secure course of action isn’t always the most logical and a security professional can provide in-depth knowledge and multiple courses of action that could work for your business.
- Consider providing a basic self-defense and safety course to all employees. It’s an employee perk that will not only be appreciated, but could potentially save lives.
hairy woman займ под материнский капитал отзывызаимвивас займ частный займ под распискупервый займ под 0займ на карту без звонков взять займ под залог автомобилязайм через интернет на банковский счетвозьму займ