PHOENIX – The Greater Phoenix Chamber announced new leaders of its board of directors that will lead the organization in its mission to promote regional prosperity and serve as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities in fiscal year 2020.
Mike Hummel, General Manager & Chief Executive Officer of Salt River Project (SRP), will serve as 2019-2020 board chair, succeeding Sarah Strunk of Fennemore Craig. John Wolfe, Senior Vice President and Region Manager of Cox Communications, will serve as chair-elect.
The 2019-2010 board of directors will continue to focus on growing the Greater Phoenix economy from within through the Chamber’s economic development efforts. The board also provides insights and guidance to the Chamber’s work in public policy, growing the regional talent pool and supporting local businesses in myriad ways.
“The Greater Phoenix Chamber has evolved as the pace of change has quickened and our community has continued to grow,” said Mike Hummel, General Manager & Chief Executive Officer of SRP. “I look forward to working with the board and our members as we continue to include diverse perspectives to inform strategic economic growth.”
The Chamber also welcomes the following seven business leaders to its board of directors:
- Kevin Bass, General Manager/Vice President, Enterprise Holdings
- Anthony Bratti, Regional Vice President of Sales, Local IQ
- Ryan Curtis, Director/Partner, Fennemore Craig
- Stacy Derstine, Vice President Customer Service & Chief Customer Officer, Arizona Public Services (APS)
- Paul Komadina, Senior Managing Director, CBRE
- Annie Mooney, Vice President Public Affairs & Advocacy, Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Scott Schoaf, Sale Manager, SIEMENS Corporation
“We are fortunate to have such strong, strategic business leaders serve on our board,” said Todd Sanders, President & CEO of the Chamber. “By convening so many dynamic and diverse leaders on our board, we will be able to make an impact in our community.”
In addition to the Chamber board appointees, the Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation also announced Mike Bontrager, Senior Vice President of Adolfson & Peterson Construction as chairman of the Foundation board of directors.
The Foundation also welcomes three new board members:
- Sarah Gordon, Managing Director – Lending Advisor, JPMorgan Private Bank
- Phillip Huhta, Managing Director – Client Service & Support, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
The newly appointed board leaders and members officially assumed their duties at the start of FY2020 on July 1, 2019.
About the Greater Phoenix Chamber
Representing 2,400 businesses across the Greater Phoenix region, the Greater Phoenix Chamber promotes regional prosperity by serving as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities. The Chamber pursues this mission by collaborating with business, political, and community leaders to grow the regional talent pool, create a regional approach to economic development and drive a pro-Arizona agenda.