Greater Phoenix Chamber IMPACT Awards
Since 1987, the Greater Phoenix Chamber (the Chamber) has honored the accomplishments of businesses and the impact they make on the Greater Phoenix business community. The Chamber looks for companies with a strong footprint in the Valley that deserve special recognition.
OVERVIEW of AWARDS
Two businesses—one with 250 employees or fewer and one with more than 250 employees—will be honored in each of the four categories below. An IMPACT Business of the Year Recipient is selected from the category recipients in both business sectors.
- Arizona Advocate: A business promoting pro-growth, pro-job policies that foster a business-friendly climate, creating jobs, and attracting/retaining talent in the region while advocating for Arizona on a state, national and/or global level as a unique place for businesses and individuals to thrive.
- Community Champion – A business focusing on local community involvement, volunteering, and truly making a positive impact in the community throughout their company.
- Economic Driver – A business or organization substantially contributing to the economic vitality of the Greater Phoenix community by advancing a new industry or revitalizing a business sector or neighborhood.
- Exceptional Innovator– A business exemplifying the spirit of entrepreneurialism. This business identifies opportunities or unmet needs and takes risks, creates value, initiates change, or develops innovative solutions.
- IMPACT Business of the Year – A category award recipient this year additionally honored as a business moving the local economy forward, giving back to the community, and innovating to enhance the image of Arizona.
- Jan. 11, 2019 – Nomination froms due by 5 p.m.
- Jan. 25, 2019 – Application packets due by 5p.m.
- Feb. 21, 2019 – Nominee reception (Attendance by a company representative recommended)
- March 6, 2019 – Selection panel interviews: companies with 250 employees or fewer (finalists only)
- March 7, 2019 – Selection panel interviews: companies with more than 250 employees (finalists only)
- March 15, 2019 – Recipients’ meet and greet (Attendance by a company representative recommended)
- March 26-28, 2019 – Recipient video shoots (Recipients only)
- May 23, 2019 – Greater Phoenix Chamber IMPACT Awards Luncheon
BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY
- Must be a member in good standing with the Greater Phoenix Chamber.
- Must be headquartered in Arizona or have a major presence here.
- Must be able to meet time commitments (detailed above).
- Must NOT be a government agency or municipality.
- Honorees must support the IMPACT Awards event as table host (minimum of one table, $900/table of 10)
In 2016, as a companion to the Greater Phoenix Chamber’s 30-year history of honoring businesses, the Chamber launched the IMPACTful Nonprofit Award highlighting nonprofits with a strong footprint in the Valley that serves a valuable mission and are deserving of special recognition.
The IMPACTful Nonprofit Award is a separate application. If you are interested in applying for the IMPACTful Nonprofit Award please contact firstname.lastname@example.org