For those of you flying someplace this holiday season, Phoenix Sky Harbor offers some handy tips for navigating America’s Friendliest Airport®.
If you’re picking up or dropping off family and friends, avoid the congestion on airport roadways and outside terminals by taking advantage of the 44th Street PHX Sky Train® Station. Many find this is the ideal way to bypass hectic traffic and access the airport during holiday travel.
The 44th Street PHX Sky Train® Station is centrally located on the southwest corner of 44th and Washington streets and can easily be reached from highways, major streets and Valley Metro Rail.
It features a Cell Phone Waiting Lot, and it provides easy access to all airport terminals via the free PHX Sky Train®.
More travel tips to consider:
- Confirm flight status with your airline before heading to the airport, then give yourself plenty of time. Arrive at the airport at least two hours before your flight departs if you are flying domestically, three hours if you are flying internationally.
- Drivers should watch freeway signs for airport traffic updates and recommended alternate routes, and they should watch their speed and keep an eye out for officers directing traffic once at Sky Harbor.
- If you plan to park at the airport, take advantage of Prepaid Discount Parking. Go to com/prepaidparking to book online and prepay for lower rates at all three terminal garages and the popular East Economy Parking.
- Get an early start on holiday shopping by browsing our new Holiday Catalog! From snacks to jewelry to gifts for the kids, the Holiday Catalog features lots of locally-made goods from some of your favorite Phoenix-area artisans.
- Once you’re checked in, treat yourself with something from our shops and restaurants. Visit com to find out what is close to your gate or look on our Interactive Directories in Terminal 4 for directions.
Visit skyharbor.com for more tips and to plan your holiday travel.