FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
June 29, 2020
PHOENIX – The Greater Phoenix Chamber announced new leaders of its board of directors that will lead the organization in its mission to promote regional prosperity and serve as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities in fiscal year 2020.
John Wolfe, Senior Vice President, Southwest Region for Cox Communications will serve as the 2020-2021 board chair, succeeding Mike Hummel, General Manager & Chief Executive Officer of Salt River Project. Christina Noble, Chief Growth Officer of Sonora Quest Laboratories, will serve as chair-elect.
The 2020-2021 board of directors will focus on the recovery of the Greater Phoenix business community following the COVID-19 pandemic. The board provides insights and guidance to the Chamber’s work in public policy, economic development, growing the regional talent pool, and supporting local businesses in myriad ways.
“The Greater Phoenix Chamber has a long history of responding to the needs of business to strengthen our economy through public policy, and economic and workforce development,” said chairman-elect John Wolfe of Cox Communications. “The Chamber’s work over the past several years – most recently under Mike Hummel’s strong leadership—has positioned it to lead responsibly and effectively as we respond to our current economic challenges. I look forward to working with the board and the Chamber’s outstanding staff as we continue to serve our members and the community.”
The Chamber also welcomes the following business leaders to its board of directors:
- Edwin Garcia, Vice President and Director of Sales, Univision Arizona
- Kate Hickman, Senior Vice President, Alliance Bank of Arizona
- Kevin James, VP/General Manager, Arizona Family
- Danielle Marinello, Senior Vice President, Marsh USA, Inc.
- Carol May, Chief Executive Officer, United American Industries Inc. (dba Wisdom Natural Brands)
- Chet Samuelson, Senior Vice President, Commercial Bank Leader, Phoenix Middle Market Banking, Wells Fargo
- James (Jim) Tomes, President & CEO, Telgian Holdings, Inc.
- Carla Vargas Jasa, President & CEO, Valley of the Sun United Way
- Michelle Walker, Vice President of Finance & Administration, SSC Underground
“The leadership of our board of directors has never been more important, as we lead the Arizona business community through the pandemic, and focus on rebuilding our economy,” said Todd Sanders, President & CEO of the Chamber. “We are fortunate to have such strong, strategic business leaders serve on our board. By convening so many dynamic and diverse leaders, we will be able to make an impact in our community.”
The newly appointed board leaders and members officially assume their duties on July 1, 2020.
About the Greater Phoenix Chamber
Representing 2,400 businesses across the Greater Phoenix region, the Greater Phoenix Chamber promotes regional prosperity by serving as a catalyst for economic vitality and strong communities. The Chamber pursues this mission by collaborating with business, political, and community leaders to grow the regional talent pool, create a regional approach to economic development and drive a pro-Arizona agenda.